Hello ladies I'm new to LHCF

Curves33

I've been a lurker off & on for a few months I finally decided to become a subscriber... I have learned a few things from some of you ladies which has helped me. I appreciate you ladies & this website... I am currently wearing a weave I have been for a very long time but it has gotten to the point that I no longer want to wear the weave but my problem is I have a big bald spot on the right side of my head that I have had before I started wearing the weave which basically I wear the weave to hide it..in order for me to get rid of the weave I need to know does anyone have any solutions to bald spots? Sorry for the long paragraph..

Fine 4s

How did you get it?

Check out threads re: bald spots.
I know LynnieB had an issue like that some time ago and now has long natural beautiful hair so you might want to check out her Fotki amont may others.

Maybe some growth aids could help? The ones mentioned here are MegaTek by Eqyss, Bee Mine growth serum, Boundless Tresses etc.

You you be willing to wear wigs for a while instead of weaving?
But it might just be a good old patience that does the trick!

Curves33

I was attacked by a guy who didn't get what he wanted he pulled out my hair & beat me up.

I thought about trying a wig but I'm not too sure about that... Even though that might be the best thing for me but some wigs just look too fake... I'm afraid someone might pull it off my head.

Last edited:

SEMO

Welcome to the forum!!! Sulfur-based products (like Boundless Tresses) are said to help with growth like that. Also, it would help to know how the bald spot came to be there in the 1st place.

ETA:
Nevermind, I just saw you response about the bald spot. Sorry that happened to you. :( Tea tree oil is also a product that's supposed to stimulate the scalp and help it heal.

Last edited:

Curves33

Thank you... It's to the point that I'm ready to try whatever to get rid of this spot I'm so tired of wearing weaves...

SEMO

Thank you... It's to the point that I'm ready to try whatever to get rid of this spot I'm so tired of wearing weaves...

Well you're in the right place to get help. :bighug:

The search feature will be a great help to you.

darlingdiva

Welcome aboard!!!:yep::yep::yep:

I'm so sorry that happened to you.

In terms of the bald spot, you can massage the area with essential oils to encourage growth.

ScarletPhoenix

welcome to the party!!!!:dance7:

As for the bald spot, do you know if its apolepica or however you say that word? If its not that then I would say massage peppermint oil into the spot and watch it grow...

TemiLnd

I am happy that you are here, you will learn alot.
I would suggest growth aids and oil massages daily. Have faith. Your hair will grow back.!!!

If you want i can send you some MTG if you decide you'd liek to try it after you've done some research on here. Just PM ok....
:)

I'mBloomingWithin

Yeah, I was gonna say how much it sucks that some men behave that way and recommend massaging with Rosemary oil, like the other girls suggested. Your hair will grow back eventually. Sorry you had to deal with such a creep. karma will reward him in the most horrible way sooner or later.

Curves33

Thank u ladies I'm gonna try the oils... yes carma did come back to him a year after he attacked me he was murdered...

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Welcome to LHCF!

I'm so sorry about what happened. That's horrible :sad:

Curves33

I appreciate all the welcomes & the suggestions... All of u ladies have beautiful hair hopefully I can get my hair on track sooner than later...

BrooklynSouth

Welcome aboard, Curves. Yup, Sulfur products-BOUNDLESS TRESSES or Shapers MTG and gentle massages to the area. Not a weave advocate, I prefer wigs which can be tossed at day's end.

Curves33

Welcome aboard, Curves. Yup, Sulfur products-BOUNDLESS TRESSES or Shapers MTG and gentle massages to the area. Not a weave advocate, I prefer wigs which can be tossed at day's end.

Thank u for the welcome..I have thought about getting a wig so that I can stop putting so much stress on my hair but the wigs that I have seen look horrible I'm afraid that one day there is gonna be a big gust of wind & it might blow off lol... The boundless tresses & MTG do u order those online or can they be purchased at a BSS?

mscocoface

Curves can you tell us how long you have had the bald spot? The reason I ask is not to pry but to understand if you have had any growth at all in the spot or if it is just too soon to see growth.

Also are you natural or do you have a relaxer in your hair and have you been doing touch ups? Or are do you have a texlax or otherwise called a light relaxer in your hair.

What if anything have you been using or doing besides wearing a weave since this issue occured to create the bald spot?

These questions being answered will also help us in getting you the correct assistance you need.

What is the current length of your hair now and how big is the spot?

You have come to the right place to get this handled. :)

Wishing you all the best.

SmartyPants

Emu oil is good too (but very expensive). Also, I had a lot of luck with Boundless Tresses jumpstarting the growth on my bald spots at my temples.

SmartyPants

Thank u for the welcome..I have thought about getting a wig so that I can stop putting so much stress on my hair but the wigs that I have seen look horrible I'm afraid that one day there is gonna be a big gust of wind & it might blow off lol... The boundless tresses & MTG do u order those online or can they be purchased at a BSS?

Boundless Tresses was created by a member of this forum... She's now calling herself Sparkling Flame. Here is the link to the website for BT: http://www.growthspecifics.com/

MsChelle

Hey Curves33!!! Welcome!!! I myself am still a newbie here but a few years ago I got a bonded weave at the request of a bride whose wedding I was in. When it was taken out there was literally a bald patch snatched into my head........after going to another stylist (needless to say stylist 1 and I had a "parting of the ways") peppermint oil and daily massages to the bald area were recommended to me and it worked like a charm!!! HTH!!!:yep:

Curves33

Curves can you tell us how long you have had the bald spot? The reason I ask is not to pry but to understand if you have had any growth at all in the spot or if it is just too soon to see growth.

Also are you natural or do you have a relaxer in your hair and have you been doing touch ups? Or are do you have a texlax or otherwise called a light relaxer in your hair.

What if anything have you been using or doing besides wearing a weave since this issue occured to create the bald spot?

These questions being answered will also help us in getting you the correct assistance you need.

What is the current length of your hair now and how big is the spot?

You have come to the right place to get this handled. :)

Wishing you all the best.

I have had the bald spot for over 10 years.. it was bald like the back of my hand I have had very little growth in some spots & the other spots r still bald... When he pulled out my hair my scalp was bleeding...

I'm relaxed but I don't perm that spot at all & I don't weave it either...

I have tried castor oil, I saw a doctor he gave me a spray & something that foams and they didn't work....

The current length of my hair is almost shoulder length oh I don't have a full weave the back is braided I don't perm back there either...

I would appreciate any help I can get from you ladies I would like to get rid of the weave & do a BC but having the bald spot the size of a golf ball defeats the purpose of cutting my hair .

Curves33

Hey Curves33!!! Welcome!!! I myself am still a newbie here but a few years ago I got a bonded weave at the request of a bride whose wedding I was in. When it was taken out there was literally a bald patch snatched into my head........after going to another stylist (needless to say stylist 1 and I had a "parting of the ways") peppermint oil and daily massages to the bald area were recommended to me and it worked like a charm!!! HTH!!!:yep:

I used to do the bonded weaves but the glue made my scalp itch I never received any bald spots from that because my friend knew how to take it out... How long did it take for u to see results from the peppermint oil & the daily massages?

Curves33

Welcome to LHCF!

I'm so sorry about what happened. That's horrible :sad:

Thank u for the welcome. I'm sorry it happened as well but I'm over it now it took me a long time to get over it though... Especially when I look at my hair...

I want ur hair... :grin: