~*HELP!!!CALLING ALL PROTEIN HATERS! LEKAIR CHOLESTEROL????*~

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
UUUUGGGGH....My hair has done a complete180 and I'm lost. Now that I've cut most of my relaxed ends, my hair is suddenly anti protein. I can't take it even in small amounts and not even 'light' proteins like wheat and silk. I've had to say bye bye to most of my staples. White Rain Tropical Coconut cowashes have been saving me these last few weeks but I need a good DC. Thats when I came across LeKair Cholesterol. So for anyone out there who is protein sensitive how has this been on your hair? I read on the board that cholesterol can have a strengthening effect.....

Any other reasonably priced conditioner suggestions are welcome :yep:
I've already tried:

EQP DPR-11
Motions Moisture Plus
Fantasia IC deep penetrating moisturizer
Design essentials stimulating conditioner

Thanks in advance ladies

Halee

wheezy807

What about using it as a prepoo and following up with a moisturizing shampoo and/or conditioner?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
What about using it as a prepoo and following up with a moisturizing shampoo and/or conditioner?

You mean the leKair as a pre poo or WRTC?

Thats what I'm looking for a good protein free DC so far the ones I've tried my hair was not impressed....

PassionFruit

UUUUGGGGH.... Now that I've cut most of my relaxed ends, my hair is suddenly anti protein.

cuz natural hair really doesnt need much, if any protein..

for moisture besides cholesterol....

I use Nexxus Phyto Organics Hydraide moisturizing conditioner or Humectin Extreme Moisturizing conditioner by Nexxus Phyto as well

BirdieGray

I like LeKair and Lustrasilk Shea Mango cholesterols. Sometimes I'll add honey to them if I'm feeling ambitious. Another moderately priced DC that I like is Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. I like the Original version of this because it has less cones than the other versions. But I've also used the 3MM DEEEEP version and it made my hair feel great. I have yet to find an all natural DC that my hair likes. HTH! :grin:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
cuz natural hair really doesnt need much, if any protein..

for moisture besides cholesterol....

I use Nexxus Phyto Organics Hydraide moisturizing conditioner or Humectin Extreme Moisturizing conditioner by Nexxus Phyto as well

I like LeKair and Lustrasilk Shea Mango cholesterols. Sometimes I'll add honey to them if I'm feeling ambitious. Another moderately priced DC that I like is Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. I like the Original version of this because it has less cones than the other versions. But I've also used the 3MM DEEEEP version and it made my hair feel great. I have yet to find an all natural DC that my hair likes. HTH! :grin:

Thanks for the input ladies! mucho appreciated

IntoMyhair

I have noticed this now since i am a good 80 percent under processed. My hair no longer likes protein. I have found that ors hair mayo is good but only if i use it 3 or 4 weeks apart. My hair loves ntm mask it makes it so soft. I used lakair just this evening to DC but i am in cornrows so i can't give a good enough review. In the past my hair has liked lakair.

danigurl18

I use this also and I mic it with honey and my hair loves it too!!:grin:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I have noticed this now since i am a good 80 percent under processed. My hair no longer likes protein. I have found that ors hair mayo is good but only if i use it 3 or 4 weeks apart. My hair loves ntm mask it makes it so soft. I used lakair just this evening to DC but i am in cornrows so i can't give a good enough review. In the past my hair has liked lakair.

I use this also and I mic it with honey and my hair loves it too!!:grin:

Thankies!!! so I have Lekair and Aussie 3 min. miracle to try.....

Eisani

I texlax every 4-7 months and my hair hates strong protein. I was going to echo what Passion said about natural hair not really needing protein, but definitely a lot of moisture. Even ORS Mayo is too much protein for my hair. I like to use something that's a nice balance of moisture and LIGHT protein, or I'll mix one of my lt proteins w/a good moisturizing cond and DC.