HELP! Caruso Steamer Not Working! Can You Relate? Can You Advise?

Cincysweetie

Hey ladies! :wave:

I'm so upset that my Caruso Steam roller set appears to be useless now that my steamer is not working. :sad: I don't know what's wrong with it. I've had it for about 4 years. At first it would occassionally stop blowing steam while it was plugged up (I would tilt it to the side and steam would start coming back out) and now it's not working at all. :wallbash: I love my Caruso set and I suppose I could spring for another but I just want to make sure it's not beyond repair first. :ohwell: Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice on how to fix the problem? Any suggestions or advise you can give is much appreciated. :yep:

Thanks!!

Everything has an expiration date and if you've had it for four years then maybe its just time to buy a brand new one. :ohwell:

Normal wear and tear....especially if its used on a regular basis.

I have one and it stopped blowing the steam out, probably because I raaaarely use it. So I banged it up against the corner of the counter a few times and it worked like a charm again. :lachen:

its probably a build up of minerals from the tap water . Put some vinegar instead of water in it. Then leave it for a while, plug it in, and allow the vinegar to be used up to create steam. That always works for mine, if this doesn't work, it might be broken

its probably a build up of minerals from the tap water . Put some vinegar instead of water in it. Then leave it for a while, plug it in, and allow the vinegar to be used up to create steam. That always works for mine, if this doesn't work, it might be broken
Pour the vinegar in the base? Or in the part where the steam blows out?

Hey ladies! :wave:

I'm so upset that my Caruso Steam roller set appears to be useless now that my steamer is not working. :sad: I don't know what's wrong with it. I've had it for about 4 years. At first it would occassionally stop blowing steam while it was plugged up (I would tilt it to the side and steam would start coming back out) and now it's not working at all. :wallbash: I love my Caruso set and I suppose I could spring for another but I just want to make sure it's not beyond repair first. :ohwell: Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice on how to fix the problem? Any suggestions or advise you can give is much appreciated. :yep:

Thanks!!
you made need to clean the system, hard water deposits and calcium can accumulae inside.

I'm going to try to clean the system but it's so messed up that it won't even turn on. I think it's a lost cause. Thanks ladies so much for the advice. I ended up purchasing a new system about 30 minutes ago. I'll be sure to clean this one more often, hopefully that will prevent this one from going bad also.

I would still put the vinegar in, let it soak overnight and then plug it in. Mine stopped working, I almost threw mine out until I learned the vinegar trick. At least you will have an extra one

Everything has an expiration date and if you've had it for four years then maybe its just time to buy a brand new one. :ohwell:

Normal wear and tear....especially if its used on a regular basis.

I have one and it stopped blowing the steam out, probably because I raaaarely use it. So I banged it up against the corner of the counter a few times and it worked like a charm again. :lachen:

:lachen:

that's the kinda relationship my caruso set and i have right now and i haven't even had mine that long...

I would try the vinegar trick, it is just like your coffee maker. I think you need to clean out the buildup of gunk.

Update: I let the vinegar soak in it over night and then I plugged it in for about 15 minutes this AM. Still didn't work. :sad:

Oh well, my new one works just fine! :grin:

The vinegar trick worked for me!!!!!!:yawn: My caruso was not working and I tried it (vinegar, wait 15 min and plug in) and now its steaming away. I absolutely hate the smell but I love the results....thank a bunch:clap:!!!

Update...I went on and rolled my hair. My Caruso musta reeeeeealy been clogged because before when i heated the rollers for 5 sec they were barely warm....now at 5 sec those rollers are fiyah!!!!!!

Last edited:
The vinegar trick worked for me!!!!!!:yawn: My caruso was not working and I tried it (vinegar, wait 15 min and plug in) and now its steaming away. I absolutely hate the smell but I love the results....thank a bunch:clap:!!!

Update...I went on and rolled my hair. My Caruso musta reeeeeealy been clogged because before when i heated the rollers for 5 sec they were barely warm....now at 5 sec those rollers are fiyah!!!!!!
Glad to hear it worked for you, always happy to help.

:perplexed. Okay, okay I have a updated update. I plugged in my Caruso today and it worked for a few rollers then it conked out. No steam...no heat on the base so now I think my caruso has bigger issues than I first thought. I am going to let the vinegar sit over night and plug it in in the morning. Hopefully this will work. My understanding that the new school Carusos(no salt version) are not as good quality as the old school salt version. If anyone has problems with their Caruso I would def suggest doing the vinegar trick before buying a new set. I am hoping my baby will wake up soon.....:sad:

Update: I let the vinegar soak in it over night and then I plugged it in for about 15 minutes this AM. Still didn't work. :sad:

Oh well, my new one works just fine! :grin:

Yeah, the vineger did not help mine.

Those setters are so cheaply made now. The rollers themselves are better now, but the setter sux eggs.

The old ones last so much longer.

I am telling you, ladies - on ebay if you find one of the older ones that are purple, blue or dark red, even the white one - get one!! Those were just made better.

Like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARUSO-MOLECULA...4616QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQsalenotsupported

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARUSO-Molecula...3539QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQsalenotsupported

http://cgi.ebay.com/Caruso-Molecula...3946QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQsalenotsupported

Last edited:
I am looking on ebay for an older model. I am so disgusted with the way they break down(this is my 2nd one) that I am leary of buying another. However, I have a gazillion rollers and feel like I gotta use them since I JUST finally got the hang of a good Caruso set.Alot of people have complaints with the cheapness of the current Carusos.:nono:

I am looking on ebay for an older model. I am so disgusted with the way they break down(this is my 2nd one) that I am leary of buying another. However, I have a gazillion rollers and feel like I gotta use them since I JUST finally got the hang of a good Caruso set.Alot of people have complaints with the cheapness of the current Carusos.:nono:

Those are so much better and they came with warranties. I am not sure they still honer the warranties since we buy them from ebay but the fact that they had warranties was good.

if you buy a new one, you will notice they do not offer warranties anymore. :rolleyes: They were not stupid. They knew those things are thrown together.

One good thing about Sally is that they will take them back within 90 days. I had one that broke after a month and they took it back with my receipt.

:perplexed. Okay, okay I have a updated update. I plugged in my Caruso today and it worked for a few rollers then it conked out. No steam...no heat on the base so now I think my caruso has bigger issues than I first thought. I am going to let the vinegar sit over night and plug it in in the morning. Hopefully this will work. My understanding that the new school Carusos(no salt version) are not as good quality as the old school salt version. If anyone has problems with their Caruso I would def suggest doing the vinegar trick before buying a new set. I am hoping my baby will wake up soon.....:sad:

No even the early no salt ones are so much better.

I have one of the early version of the so salt and it has lasted for years and years.

I put it in a closet and opted to purchase and use the 'NEW' one when it was on sale at Sallys. That things stopped working a few months later. I bought another - same thing. I bought another - same thing.

I went back and got my old one out of the closet and fired it back up and it has been working for years.

Ever since Helen of Troy took over those Carusos, they went down.

No even the early no salt ones are so much better.

I have one of the early version of the so salt and it has lasted for years and years.

I put it in a closet and opted to purchase and use the 'NEW' one when it was on sale at Sallys. That things stopped working a few months later. I bought another - same thing. I bought another - same thing.

I went back and got my old one out of the closet and fired it back up and it has been working for years.

Ever since Helen of Troy took over those Carusos, they went down.

This has been the concensus...the old salt Carusos were better. Unfortunatly I've had the Caruso for almost a year. I got my ebay Caruso search going as we speak:look:.

Back