Help!Clumps of hair

2007Grad

For the past month my hair's been in braids and last night I took them out. I haven't had braids in a long time so I don't know if this is normal, but it seemed like clumps of hair came out during the wash/condition process. Is this at all normal? I know it might make sense because I haven't combed in a month but still. I've been on my carrot juice and vitamins regularly. I expected thicker hair. I admit that I haven't washed and conditioned my hair that much while in braids. Is that the culprit? I'm going back in to individuals again or cornrows today and I wanted to make sure that this stops soon!

Amber_moon

Well, it may just seem like alot, since you havent brushed combed or manipulated your hair in a month. Its probably the normal amount of shedding you would have gotten in a month but since you didnt see it it feels like alot now.

Just make sure you are conditioning WELL.

2007Grad

This is probably the dumbest question. But how do you condition in braids? Lol. Do you just put the conditioner on your head? Can you still DC and everything?

Amber_moon

This is probably the dumbest question. But how do you condition in braids? Lol. Do you just put the conditioner on your head? Can you still DC and everything?

Its not dumb. I ususally do the C&G method.

I dilute my shampoo in a large bowl with water, hang my head over the bowl, and use a sponge to squeze the shampoo into my hair. Then I blot the braids with the sponge (lightly), then rinse my hair in plain water.... Then do the same thing with the conditioner. Thats how I do it.

you can also, put it in a spray bottle mixed with water and spray it in.

2007Grad

Thank you! I'm going to try and do this consistently with this set of cornrows. About how often do you do this?