My hair is coming out in clumps :(

RavenMaven

Hello
My hair is not doing too hot! It's coming out in clumps, and I see little flakes of hair fall down whenever I move my head. I have a good feeling that it is stress related because I have been very stressed lately for many reasons, but if it is stress related, is there anything that I can do to stop the hair from falling out besides chilling out? And does anyone know whyyy the hair falls out when one is stressed out?

msa

Hey Raven!

I hope things are getting easier every day. You are still in my prayers.

You have been really stressed so that's probably where the problem is stemming from. I don't know why stress causes the hair to fall out, but it does. I've experienced it myself.

Apparently, caffeine is supposed to stop shedding in its tracks so you may want to try tea rinsing. There are a couple of threads on here about it. One of them was started by luckiestdestiny("coffee for hair", I think that's what it was called) and one was started by irresistible ("i just had to testify"). That would be a cheap, easy thing to try.

Hope this helps!

LaBellaDonV

I'm so sorry to hear that your hair is coming out and you are stressed. I can totally relate.

I was under ALOT of stress in 2008 and that mixed with meds caused my hair to come out in clumps . I saved some some articles on the matter here is one of them. It's a couple years old but I gained a lil knowledge from it to answer one of your questions. hth

http://www.healthology.com/hair-loss/hair-loss-information/article3501.htm

The info that I gathered helped me at least to understand what was happening. Nexxus emergencee helped me out but prayer and also constantly reminding myself that "this too shall pass" brought me thru. *hugs*

gn1g

not immediately.

I recommend that you take one of the following: chlorella or Holy Basil drops or Super b-complex and maybe a B-12 shot.

In the interim use products that contain aloe and garlic. Also you can take the leaf from an aloe plant open it up and apply it to your scalp.

Pray and release. Let go and Let GOD.

natural2008

Hello RavenMaven,
My hair comes out when I am stressed out as well. Please try not to stress eventhough it is hard. I do not know of any remedies for hair falling our when stressed except for to not stress which is hard to do.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Raven,

I went through this as well. I've tried coffee rinsing and it works. I've copied this information and thought i'd share....just brew coffee, let it cool and spray it on your scalp. I wish i'd known this last year....I'm sure this will help you. Pm me if you need to. I pray for your quick healing and for your stress to diminish.

Spray that can stop a woman's hair from thinningBy SEAN POULTER
Last updated at 08:47 06 September 2007

A spray made from coffee bean extracts has been found to stop women's hair thinning, scientists said yesterday.
The treatment - which goes on sale next month - is said to increase the thickness and health of each strand of hair.
It encourages growth from the roots and can prevent age-related hair loss, according to researchers.
Scroll down for more...
Healthy: But hair can start to thin when a woman reaches her 20s
The product works by soothing the scalp, reducing the inflammation that damages hair follicles.
Stewart Long of Boots, which developed the remedy, said: "Our new spray changes the way the immune system acts.
"Effectively, it stimulates the cells to ensure the follicles continue to produce thick healthy hair.
"If the follicle closes, the chances of getting regrowth are virtually nil, even with the high- strength drug treatments that are on the market."
Although the product is targeted at women, it would also work for men.
Four out five women given the spray in independent tests at Glasgow University said it worked.
Three out of four of the guinea pigs said they lost less hair when combing or brushing.
The claims were backed up by scalp tests conducted by a trichologist over a 12-month period.
Small patches of hair were shaved off to see how quickly and thickly they grew back.
Mr Long said women were often reluctant to talk about hair loss.
"It is considered quite normal if a bloke goes bald but for women it is a huge psychological issue," he added.
"It is often speeded by periods of stress or illness.
In reality 50 per cent of women experience some thinning of the hair by the time they reach 50, however most suffer in silence thinking that they are the only ones with the problem.
"But this is not just a condition afflicting the older generation.
"Hair thinning can start for people as young as 20, and can be a massive blow to how women perceive themselves."
Consumer research conducted by Boots shows that 79 per cent of women find hair crucial to their self-esteem.
Another 61 per cent per cent valued their locks more highly than other parts of the body and would rather suffer weight or skin problems than lose them.
Corinne Sweet, a relationship psychologist, said healthy hair had long been a symbol of female attractiveness.
"Losing hair, in strands or clumps, can be deeply distressing for women as a sign of stress, ill-health or ageing," she added.
"Going bald, in patches, or even totally, is really the last great beauty taboo, so a product that can restore vitality and volume to hair should certainly help restore self- esteem, self-confidence and promote a positive self-image."
Creams and potions claiming to tackle ageing and other ailments are common in the beauty industry but many have fallen foul of the Advertising Standards Authority.
Boots said it has received the authority's approval for its claims for the hair spray after presenting its officials with the evidence from its independent trials.
The product - Boots Expert Hair Loss Treatment Spray for Women - can be ordered in advance from the middle of September.
It was developed by the research team behind Protect & Perfect, a beauty serum which became a major sales success after scientists found it could rejuvenate skin and beat wrinkles.
The spray contains antioxidants and centella asiatica, a medicinal plant sometimes called the Indian pennywort.
The green coffee beans used in the hair spray come from Central America.
How the spray works
The spray's ingredients work by calming the immune system and reducing inflammation of the scalp.
Damage to the scalp can cause follicles to shrink or even close up, causing hair to thin and fall out.
Applied to the roots of damp hair twice daily and then rubbed in, the spray allows the hair to be styled as normal.
Boots says the results should be seen within three months.
In an independent study carried out at Glasgow University, women were given the product to use at home for 12 months.
The researchers compared the results for the active product against those for a placebo that looked exactly the same.
They found that 80 per cent of volunteers using the genuine treatment reported significant improvement in hair growth.

fobaker

This happened to my last year. I lost a lot of hair. I was under a lot of financial strain. I had to buy a dustbuster to keep in my bathroom because of all the hair everywhere. My hair is just recovering thanks to ayurvedic oils and a new job. Stress can cause a lot of physical damage internally and externally to your body. Try to solve whatever is bothering you and lots of prayer helps!

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Hello
My hair is not doing too hot! It's coming out in clumps, and I see little flakes of hair fall down whenever I move my head. I have a good feeling that it is stress related because I have been very stressed lately for many reasons, but if it is stress related, is there anything that I can do to stop the hair from falling out besides chilling out? And does anyone know whyyy the hair falls out when one is stressed out?

We keep running into each other :spinning:. But I've heard this lately on a variety of boards and from random people. Just hair fall. I'm wondering if it's a climate thing...except, some of the people live in the MIddle East I know of with the problem. Seems like everybody is shedding. Maybe world stress? I don't know but it's been on my mind since back in December when I started my fall in record number. Have we all been innoculated with something or what???