Help Figuring Out My Hair Situation?

GraceJones

I'm a natural 4b who is about apl stretched. I usually wear a wig with cornrows underneath.

I like to wash my hair and dc every week but it's pretty expensive to have a braider do cornrows each week.

I'm trying to learn how to do it myself but my arms start cramping. I want to do the braids smaller and tighter so the wig can fit flatter against my head, but I'm still learning.

I was wondering if there was a way I could wash and DC every 2 weeks? I've tired before but I have build up left from the conditioner which causes me to scratch.

I use design essentials shampoo and Aussie 3 min miracle to DC.

beauti

:hiya: @GraceJones You definitely could wash biweekly. Aussie moist is a thick conditioner, probably why you have buildup. So maybe dilute it before spraying it on (applicator bottle with a spray nozzle). Just make sure you spray it on your braids, not your scalp.

Also, is your shampoo a clarifying shampoo? If not, I would use a clarifying shampoo followed by a moisturizing one. Could also be why you have buildup. Hth...

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I would suggest maybe..
-oiling your scalp when it feels itchy to soothe it and still waiting a few extra days :look:
-sometimes I D.C. and then shampoo when I straighten. The D.C. still penetrates but there's never any buildup

GraceJones

:hiya: @GraceJones You definitely could wash biweekly. Aussie moist is a thick conditioner, probably why you have buildup. So maybe dilute it before spraying it on (applicator bottle with a spray nozzle). Just make sure you spray it on your braids, not your scalp.

Also, is your shampoo a clarifying shampoo? If not, I would use a clarifying shampoo followed by a moisturizing one. Could also be why you have buildup. Hth...

Yeah, I rinse and rinse, but I'll still have conditioner left in the braids. That's what makes my scalp itch.

I would suggest maybe..
-oiling your scalp when it feels itchy to soothe it and still waiting a few extra days :look:
-sometimes I D.C. and then shampoo when I straighten. The D.C. still penetrates but there's never any buildup

I try to oil every other day or so with Wild Growth Oil. The moisture isn't taken away with the shampoo?

I used Cantu acv rinse when I have braids.

I have that as well, I'll try it.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
@GraceJones no I find the moisture remains in the hair if the conditioner was high quality. I don't know if Aussie moist would be a good pick for that.

charmtreese

I wash my hair bi-weekly. However, I do not use any products that are hard to wash out. If you are using Wild Growth Oil everyday, that could be the problem. When I was using this product I found it hard to wash out. It would leave a little chalky film on my scalp unless I really scrubbed hard. I felt that the WGHO would cling to conditioners causing more buildup.

I think even on WGHO web site, they suggest only using (the one in the green and white bottle) 3 days a week at the most (I could be wrong...but without checking that's what I remember).

GraceJones

I wash my hair bi-weekly. However, I do not use any products that are hard to wash out. If you are using Wild Growth Oil everyday, that could be the problem. When I was using this product I found it hard to wash out. It would leave a little chalky film on my scalp unless I really scrubbed hard. I felt that the WGHO would cling to conditioners causing more buildup.

I think even on WGHO web site, they suggest only using (the one in the green and white bottle) 3 days a week at the most (I could be wrong...but without checking that's what I remember).

Yes, I've noticed the film also. Ok I'll try that.

Ok what about DC with design essentials super moisturizing conditioner? Would that be a high quality enough DC?