Help Guys! Relaxed hair glued to scalp!!

simplertimes

/images/graemlins/cry3.gif Why did I get my hair relaxed on Monday, and today I noticed that some parts of my hair appear "GLUED" to my scalp, and I can't comb through it??????

Has this happened to anyone before? What did my stylist do to hair? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SherryLove

maybe you should wash again with some neutralizing shampoo..... did the relaxer burn your scalp or something??????????? /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

KAddy

I think those are scalp burns. I had this a long time ago when I would let my stylist leave my relaxer on a little long and it "tingled" (burned). I would suggest using aloe vera or tea tree oil in some type of carrier oil (olive oil, jojoba) and massage it into those spots.

katie

That happened to me once.I think I got scalp burns so my hair stuck to my scalp.It gradually loosened up over the next few days.The trick is not to comb it when it is really stuck and it will loosen on its own with gentle combing after 1-2 days .Or you can just try washing it like cutebajangirl suugested.

simplertimes

Yea when she was applying it, it burned like hell........I just thought I scratched my scalp too much the night before.......

morehairplease

[ QUOTE ]
That happened to me once.I think I got scalp burns so my hair stuck to my scalp.It gradually loosened up over the next few days.The trick is not to comb it when it is really stuck and it will loosen on its own with gentle combing after 1-2 days .Or you can just try washing it like cutebajangirl suugested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry this happended to you /images/graemlins/kissing4.gif! This happened to me several times in the past....I agree with katie and kaddy.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
This has happened to me before. Whatever you do, do not try to comb it out. It's where the relaxer burned your scalp and your hair is covering that burn. When this happen to me, I wore my hair in a ponytail until my hair loosened up itself. It took about 2-3 days. Oiling & massaging those areas helps loosen it up.

Honi

There is no board.
Do not comb it. If your hair is 'glued' that means your hair is embedded all in it. Your hair will break if you try to pick at it or comb it. Just let it loosen on it's own. Washing your hair will help soften it up a bit but whatever you do, don't comb it.

ChocoKitty

[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/cry3.gif Why did I get my hair relaxed on Monday, and today I noticed that some parts of my hair appear "GLUED" to my scalp, and I can't comb through it??????

Has this happened to anyone before? What did my stylist do to hair? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to my mommy once year ago. She washed her hair like a day or two before getting a touch up. Afterwards her hair was glued to her scalp. I would let it breathe for a day or two then oil with something like castor or olive and gently wash and condition it. Hope it gets better! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Carefree

This happened to my cousin and it turned out her hair was stuck in the scab from the relaxer burn. I'd say to moisturize that area with oil until the hair loosens up on it's own.

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
This use to happen to me a LOT, especially at the nape which would be pressed against the shampoo sink while rinsing out the relaxer. The stickiness is caused by fluid weeping from the chemical burns on your scalp. It should heal in a couple of days and then you can gently rinse your hair out. Poor kid... didn't the stylist base your scalp at all?

Growingitlong

Yup, this happens when you get a bad scalp burn. Like the others said, don't comb it. If you do those portions of your hair will most likely break off. Wash your hair and becareful with these areas when washing. Keep the areas well oiled. Castor oil is really good for this. Aloe vera is also good. Good luck.

simplertimes

@ jetcitygirl , yep she based my scalp ..........I guess she must have left it in too long b/c as she was washing it.........my scalp was on fire!

Boadicea

This has happened to me when I used no-lye relaxers. I put EVOO on it and used a fine-toothed comb to seperate the hair from the scalp. The hair wasn't embedded in the scalp, nor did it break off.

I didn't see any burns, but it was slightly sore and very dry in that area.

ClassicChic

That has happened to me years ago and my stylist said to put vaseline on it for a days. That helped to soften it up.

BrEE

that has happened to me also. it's a scalp burn. it helps to not comb that part and let it heal. after a couple of days the skin should flake off. in the meantime you could put some vaseline/grease/oil on it.