HELP! I can't find my new growth!

lunalight7

HELP! I can\'t find my new growth!

OK this may sound like a good thing but what do I do for my touchup on Sunday? By then, I will be 11 weeks post relaxer - - this is the LONGEST I've ever gone (used to be every 6 weeks and then 8 weeks max upon finding this forum). Since taking MSM and EFA's, my new growth has a much looser wave pattern. I usually put vaseline and/or castor oil or Scurl on my previously relaxed hair prior to getting a touch up but now, I can barely tell where the new growth ends and the straight hair begins. I dont want to under or over process...any suggestions? When I do a rollerset, the new growth doesn't pop out like it does for some...HELP!!!

soslychic

Re: HELP! I can\'t find my new growth!

This may sound really strange, but I can actually tell better where my new growth is when it is wet. Yes it seems like it will all be kinda straight and blend, but I find that my texturized hair is wavy while my new growth is puffy, something that I can't tell when it is dry. I was actually discouraged because I thought that my hair wasn't growing until I saw it this way. Look at your hair when it is wet and that may help you see. Then when it dries, you'll have an idea and at least be able to recognize better.

mly3e

The comb is stuck.

I agree with the earlier suggestion of trying to find the end mark when your hair is wet. That is the only way I can tell. Thats why I don't bother to relax really. Its just as straight and soft as the rest.

Kaela

The best way for me to tell is to wash or spritz it lightly with water, and just let it airdry loosely. I also have minimal product on my hair at this point. The roots wave up quite a bit and I can estimate about how long they are.
I'm having this problem now. The only hair I can tell needs to be touched is this random patch on my right front hairline. The rest of my hair is how you are describing yours to be. I am trying to just wait it out and find ways to define my hairline (like creme to make the curlies spiral).