New growth

Rae81

I am relaxed and about 8 weeks post relaxer and my new growth is dry. i see alot of people use scurl but i like to wear my hair out and i would like to know what can i use to keep my new growth moist without weighing my hair down?

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
I use SSI marshmallow herbal cream when I'm wearing my hair straight and down. A tiny bit leaves my hair moisturized and light. I used to use Qhemet Burdock Root Buttercream and that was good too, but the shescentit is about 10% better and I LOVE her line.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
:superman: Taliah Waajid Protective mist bodifier.

I said this in other threads"this has saved my demarcation line from breaking when I am 7+ weeks post. I spray it the day I wash and then a few days later. NOthing but net LOL

Last edited:

new2haircare

I;m currently 9 weeks post. I use coconut oil and castor oil mix together in a roots only bottle. I apply it to my roots 2-3x per week and massage in. It really helps.

gadgetdiva

EVCO is too heavy for me for some reason so I've incorporated ceramides into my DC and co-washes. I use WGO specifically. Since I've been using the WGO I have noticed my 4a new growth isn't 'crunchy' any more.
HTH

Rae81

i tired hawaiin silky 14 in1 that left my hair dry, i have to be more consistent with the coconut oil,

Rae81

ok so i tried hawaiian silky, motions wieghtless hairdress and they both dry out my new growth im thinking its the glycerin in it they both have that as the second ingriedient. So i am still on a search to find something to moisten up my new growth. Before i joined and i was flat ironing my hair every week i never noticed it was this dry but now i am paying attention and i dont like it.

shunta

The ladies have already given good advice but I wanted to add when I take fish oil pills that helps, too. My newgrowth is definitely not as dry as it used to be.

Rae81

ok so yesterday i sat down and went through my hair and i noticed that all my new growth was soft and i could come through except one area in the crown that was dry and i didnt try to comb it because it was a mess. This one section didnt even attempt to get a lil straight when i blowdryed my hair on weds :nono:. So i took some garnier fructis sleek and shine leave in and applied to that section of new growth only like it was grease, and rub it thru, combed my hair gently and went to bed. This morning it is not as dry as it has been and is still moist. So i will do that maybe every other day and see how that works. Since it has cones in it will that cause a problem with build up?