HELP!! I have severe shedding.

alona

The shedding has the white bulbs on the ends. Everytime I comb my hair or manipulate it, there is lots and lots of shedding. I was wearing wigs as a protective style (for APL challenge) but I notice some breakage around the hairline (front/back) so I have to discontinue it.

I am approximately 12 weeks post-relaxer. I do not need a touch-up because I don't have any new growth (well not enough to touch up plus its' not even nappy yet).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why my hair is shedding and what I can do to stop it?

TIa

Last edited:

MamaBraidedIt

Hi alona. :)

Many people (including myself) experience breaking and shedding during long stretches. Or the shedding could just be natural and nothing really to worry about.

Garlic is good at combating shedding. Nutrine Garlic Shampoo and Alter Ego Garlic Treatments have worked for many members here who were experiencing excessive shedding. For more info. do a search on the two products I mentioned.

Good luck.

metalkitty

I've also heard that garlic shampoos and products work well for shedding. Personally, I love henna for elliminating excess breakage/ shedding.

Cayenne0622

Do a search on shedding and you'll probably see my name several times. My excessive shedding game from a traumatic stressful surgery experience and/or the medication I took during that time. I tried everything - garlic, alter ego, henna, prescrip shampoo from the dermatologist. The list goes on and on. Nothing worked for me. Some of the products would temporarily slow it down slightly but not much. Anywho, my shedding just recently (like a couple of weeks ago) stopped on its own. Took 8 months but I'm finally past it. I'm so thankful to God. The best advice I can offer to you is (if there are no medical concerns or iron definciency involved) then take really good care of your hair. Lots of moisture and soft buns would probably baby it so that you don't lose unnecessary hair through breakage. That just adds to the horror of the shedding problem. I went through both.