Please help with Shedding

madamdot

My hair is shedding like crazy, I've tried all kind of things and its driving me insane. I have a ton of fine hair.

Yes, its mostly shedding because its the hair with the bulbs. My husband thinks it because my hair is longer so one strand looks like more than one. But I feel like it comes out in clumps.

Any suggestions? Please help!

Last edited:

Buttercreme

A sticky has been created called Support for Constant Shedders. I'm sure it contains lots of valuable info. It's gotten alot of responses.

HTH!

mzhotniz86

heres the thread they Are referring to : http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=38234 Im not sure about what your hubby says about the whole strands not having room ? I mean each follicle has its own place and we don’t create more or lose any of those. We just grow or lose the hair strand.normal shedding is considered to be up to 100 strands a day (depending on hair type). If you notice more than usual, take note of if your diet changed at all? Any medical conditions (anemia, lukemia, stress)? No drinking enough water? Harsh products?

gn1g

One shampoo that worked wonders for me is Mizoral found at walmarts for less than $20. IT WORKS. the Garlic poo is okay but it dries my hair out.

I've also had pretty good success with Alter Ego Cren it dries my scalp out

ONE AWESOME product is Salerm Vegetable Placenta leavin in comes in a glass val. IT will not let a strand fall out of your hair. There is some talk of it causing cancer, I use it anyway from time to time. Everything causes cancer ::shrugs::

Latest product I am trying is Diabetic Hair Solution (DHS) recommended by someone else on the board and it seems to be doing a good job especially since the other products dry the scalp and hair out. DHS is light grease.

Evazhair

Every since I started using Alter Ego Hot garlic oil treatment
, my shedding went from decreasing to nothing above normal within a month. I just used garlic shampoo mixed with porosity control poo and my hair did not dry out. HTH!

SleepyJean

My hair is shedding like crazy, I've tried all kind of things and its driving me insane. I have a ton of fine hair.

Yes, its mostly shedding because its the hair with the bulbs. My husband thinks it because my hair is longer so one strand looks like more than one. But I feel like it comes out in clumps.

Any suggestions? Please help!

I always thought the hair with bulbs was breakage