Help! I want to airdry then flat iron 2nite

Cleve_gryl

I know alot of you ladies love the airdry thang, but honestly I've never done it. I want to cowash my hair tonight and airdry it, then flat iron it later. My hair needs to be washed, but I don't feel like messing with the hooded dryer, rollers, etc tonight.

I have a few questions :confused: Help me please!!

• Is cowashing okay to do before using heat? or should I start with freshly shampooed hair?
  • What do you put on your hair before airdrying? Leave ins, serums, etc?
  • Since I don't want to mess with the hooded dryer, can I skip the DC tonight? I'm scared to use direct heat without the DC...

[*]Is cowashing okay to do before using heat? or should I start with freshly shampooed hair? I don't co wash so I can't answer this.

[*]What do you put on your hair before airdrying? Leave ins, serums, etc? I use my VO5 leave in spray and paul mitchell super skinny serum.

[*]Since I don't want to mess with the hooded dryer, can I skip the DC tonight? I'm scared to use direct heat without the DC... I never go under a hooded dryer to do my DCs, I heat up the conditioner and a damp hand towel in the microwave....put the conditioner on my hair, wrap my head with the heated towel, put on a plastic cap, then cover that with a towel (in a turban style...to keep in the heat). I keep it on for like 30mins.....it works just as well as going under the dryer.

Cleve_gryl said:
I know alot of you ladies love the airdry thang, but honestly I've never done it. I want to cowash my hair tonight and airdry it, then flat iron it later. My hair needs to be washed, but I don't feel like messing with the hooded dryer, rollers, etc tonight.

I have a few questions :confused: Help me please!!

• Is cowashing okay to do before using heat? or should I start with freshly shampooed hair? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Definitley start with freshly shampooed hair.
  • What do you put on your hair before airdrying? Leave ins, serums, etc? My favorite thing to use is Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide. I don't like to use a bunch of products, plus I don't find it necessary for me.
  • Since I don't want to mess with the hooded dryer, can I skip the DC tonight? I'm scared to use direct heat without the DC... Can you deep condition without the hood dryer? Just leave it on longer while you do things at home?

Hope this helps. :)

• Is cowashing okay to do before using heat? or should I start with freshly shampooed hair? I usually start with freshly shampooed hair but, I've also used heat after cowashing and I still had good results.
  • What do you put on your hair before airdrying? Leave ins, serums, etc?I use some Elucence conditioner as a leave-in and then when my hair is about 70% dry I put some Biosilk serum and CHI silk fusion throughout my hair.
  • Since I don't want to mess with the hooded dryer, can I skip the DC tonight? I very rarely use the hooded dryer for my DC. I just put a shower cap on and then a warm towel over that. Then, I rinse it out after about 20 to 30 mins.

Is cowashing okay to do before using heat? or should I start with freshly shampooed hair?
I think you should always start w/freshly clean hair when using direct heat
What do you put on your hair before airdrying? Leave ins, serums, etc?
I definitely suggest using a leave in..I airdry before flat-ironing myself..I use Giovanni Direct Leave-in..wrap my hair and let it air-dry completely..wrapping helps to straighten it so I don't have to keep going over the same section of hair multiple times
Since I don't want to mess with the hooded dryer, can I skip the DC tonight? I'm scared to use direct heat without the DC...
I personally DC with every wash..I think you should since you are planning on using direct heat..just think of it as extra protection

[*]Is cowashing okay to do before using heat? or should I start with freshly shampooed hair? I think it's fine to CO wash prior to using heat as long as you've recently clarified. Buildup can leave you with less than desirable results, but the moisture from a CO wash is a great thing to have before using heat, IMO.

[*]What do you put on your hair before airdrying? Leave ins, serums, etc? I use a few dollops of Giovanni Direct. Depending on the style I'm planning to do, I'll either seal with oil or use a little serum. For flat-ironing, I like to use TIGI's Control Freak serum. It helps straighten my hair without blowdrying.

[*]Since I don't want to mess with the hooded dryer, can I skip the DC tonight? I'm scared to use direct heat without the DC...I wouldn't skip DCing before using heat. If anything, I would slather a DC on, sit under the dryer, then rinse it and proceed with leave-ins and flat ironing.

Back