Those who blow dry AND flat iron

Millahdoowop

When do you use your heat protectant? Do you use it before you blow dry your hair or after you blowdry your hair and before your flat iron? I'm curious as to when to use the heat protectant that I have. I can't just airdry my hair when I'm going to straighten it because it just doesn't work for me.

amy1234

this might confuse you even more but I use 2 also, a serum before blowdrying and apply heat protectant (dudley's pressing creme) before flat ironing

Mizani_Mrs

Um okay, i don't mean to high-jack but Sylver your hair is sooooo fly that you needs ta be ashamed of yourself.... :grin: I am soooooo your number 1 fan....i'm going to start stalking you, so watch yo back.... :lachen:

sylver2 said:
b4 blowdrying and serum b4 flat iron

LaNecia

*Dee* said:
this might confuse you even more but I use 2 also, a serum before blowdrying and apply heat protectant (dudley's pressing creme) before flat ironing

Same here.

sylver2

Mizani_Mrs said:
Um okay, i don't mean to high-jack but Sylver your hair is sooooo fly that you needs ta be ashamed of yourself.... :grin: I am soooooo your number 1 fan....i'm going to start stalking you, so watch yo back.... :lachen:

Lol..thanks mizani:)) umm..I'll be watching my back:sekret::lol:

HoneyDew

I only use my silken seal before blow drying and no other product before flat ironing. But I use way more than the "dime size" mentioned on the bottle.

But I could not do that before I before I had my FHI. It makes it easy. My cheap flat iron would not make my hair as straight so easily. One swipe and the FHI has it nice, straight, and soft.

Anyway, I notice that is I use more product after blowdrying, the flatiron can fry my hair.

Millahdoowop

Oh okay, see I'm not even going to tell you guys what kind of flat iron I have. Everybody would have a fit. Lmao, but when the end of the month comes I will be at Sally's looking for a better flat iron. Can't do folica just yet. They have some ceramic flat iron that uses the tourmaline technology... I just don't know how much it is yet. If it's too much I'll prolly get a ceramic one but one of the nicer ones that they have.

karezone

I use lots of leave ins for blow drying and the ion heat protectant spray for flat or curling iron. I set the blow dryer on medium heat high blow and I try to use a vent brush but sometimes the comb. the flat/curling iron are both ceramic