AIRDRY then FLAT IRON... What's Your Technique???

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I'm thinking about airdrying then flat ironing my hair. But I would like to know the step by step process I should take. Should I airdry with products in my hair? How long should I wait after airdrying to flat iron my hair? What style should I airdry in besides a rollerset? I'm trying to avoid using a blowdryer even though it never had any adverse affects on my hair. Any tips, info, suggestions, and help would be greatly appreciated.

Ladylynn

I normally apply some warm oil to my wet hair when I air dry. Then once it is dry, I flat iron. I might add a little more oil to the ends also.

Babygurl

I always air dry before I flat iron. I wash and condition then apply my leave-in usually a light one like Elasta H-Two, Elasta Silk, or Elasta Recovery on wet hair and a small amount dime size of serum (I use Biosilk), I then airdry in a bun or straight down. When its dry I apply another small amount of serum then flat iron. This gives me maximum swingability! I usually try not to use oil when I flat iron.

Ladylynn

Babygurl said:
I always air dry before I flat iron. I wash and condition then apply my leave-in usually a light one like Elasta H-Two, Elasta Silk, or Elasta Recovery on wet hair and a small amount dime size of serum (I use Biosilk), I then airdry in a bun or straight down. When its dry I apply another small amount of serum then flat iron. This gives me maximum swingability! I usually try not to use oil when I flat iron.

Babygurl, does serum work better than oil?

Angelicus

I use a good moisturizing conditioner. after I get out of the shower, I let my hair drip dry (I make sure not to towel dry my hair). I airdry my hair without putting anything on it for the first couple of hours. I comb through it maybe once every hour with my shower comb to keep it as straight as possible. When it is 75-85% dry i may add three drops of oil to the new growth that I will flat iron.

Then I do my flat iron thing, making sure I do not touch the ends of my hair with the flat iron. I may put caruso rollers on the ends of my hair 15 minutes before leaving the house.

Shatani

i airdry in braids overnight....my hair takes FOREVER to dry....i wash/condition it, add salerm, take each section and applied whipped butter, detangle one last time and braid it in about 9 or 10 sections...

when i flat iron, i put a little oil on the ends and spray the ion heat protectant on the length of my hair and go to town. :D

Erika Kane

Once I am finished with my wash, I use a little moisturizing cream (it makes me feel like I can count on the cream to do more for my drying hair than an oil because it's thicker.. just a 'superstition, LOL) and then i put my hair in a bun overnight. When I wake up, my hair is straight up to the ponytail, and the part that was in the bun is lightly curly.

I think it helps, because then I can use less heat on my hair. And when I do use heat on my hair, I use oil sheen as a moisturizer on my ends.. it helps me maintain the "breezy not greasy" look, LOL.

HTH!

Mizani_Mrs

i have completely stopped usiing my blowdrier. I either apply leave-in and serum and sit under the hairdryer for lik 8mins so i am mostly dry, then put in 4 plaits and off to bed to finish drying. in the morning i'll apply more serum, sheabutter to the ends and i'll flat-iron.

Lately i have been doing sylvers scarf method and sit under dryer for 15mins then sleep in the scarf and this way...my hair is fairly straight when i awake. all i gotta do is run the flat-iron thru really quickly.

Xcellence2

what is sylvers' scarf method?

I am currently experimenting with airdrying and then flatironing. I will let you know how it turns out.

kombov_dymond

Pooh:
When I flat-iron religiously, this is how I got the best results
(1)Pre-poo, wash, condition
(2)Infusium. Wet wrap. Airdry.
(3)When the wrap falls, then FI. Every hair stayed in place!

HTH

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Well ladies, I ended up using a blowdryer. Next time I wash my hair, I may try the Maxiglide after letting my hair dry in plaits.