HELP!!! MAJOR BREAKAGE

MzShay

Hey ladies...I started my journey to healthier hair in July BUT over the last 5 months my hair has taken a drastic turn for the worse. I haven't had a relaxer since 7/20 it was supposed to be just a 12 wk stretch but school started kicking my arse so my hair fell by the wayside...well tub, sink, bathroom floor...u get the picture... My shoulder length hair is breaking something terrible and I need HELP! Any and all suggestions are welcome I'll try and post some pics of my top and edges later.

tylertown

first I'd say do a good protein, follow with a good moisterizer. Then perm. Please perm. That's the maor reason for the breakage i bet.

MzShay

My regimen when consistent is co-wash 2x a week deep condition on Fri w/heat...moisturize daily with Kids Organic Shea butter or s-curl and wear a ponytail daily...I blow dry and flat iron maybe once every 3 months. My moisturizing has been lacking and I can't remeber the last time I did a protein treatment.
eta: I'm posting from my treo so excuse the errors.

Last edited:

Leslie_C

It sounds like u are probably getting breakage at the line of demarcation and need to relax...but strengthen it up first with a protein treatment and some deep conditioning before u do. Ppl can have success stretching for long periods, but they have to be extra gentle and attentive with their hair and monitor it closely. Trust me Ive been there and I know the big difference between stretching out of laziness and stretching on purpose and taking the appropriate measures to retain growth/prevent breakage. You definitely cant just not bother with your hair when its in that state or u will suffer the consequences!