Major Breakage

cocoberry10

I'm experiencing more breakage (not just shedding) since removing my braids. My hair still looks healthy, and my relaxer was somewhat underprocessed (intentionally). I was 34 weeks relaxer, so I had major new growth. I don't want to re-relax until January (9 weeks). What can I do? I am moisturizing like crazy (which has begun to help), MTG-ing, and I'm going to step up the conditioner washing. What else would you suggest? I think it's breaking at the demarcation line!

HoneyDew

So you had a relaxer after removing braids? Did you trim your ends? That may help. It helped me combat breakage BIGTIME. I did so much to stop breakage, but nothing compared to trimming off thin ends.

metalkitty

Have you been keeping that line of demarcation and newgrowth moisturized specifically? You'd be amazed how much less breakage you get by doing this, try using a curl activator or something with glycerine on your newgrowth to detangle and moisurize. HTHS.

carameldiva

I'm natural- but hopefully something here will help u.

i used Anky's dominican cocktail when i had breakage and continue to use it. It consists of miss keys 10 en 1, rivas silicon mix and emergencia. I also add Jherri Rhedding's 100% natural protein conditioner to it on occassion.

I use Nutrine Garlic shampoo, Queen Helene garlic Shampoo and Nutrine Garlic conditioner for shedding.

For moisture i use a spritz of glycerin, water, liquid aloe vera, eo daily.

I oil my scalp nitely with rosemary + eo , currently rosemary oil +coconut oil +palm oil . I put a thin plastic baggie on my head nitely.

I co-wash 5 times a week and shampoo /deep condition 2 x a week.

I use Castor oil or/jamaica black castor oil as a pre-shampoo/ends treatment weekly.