Help me come up with a regimen for my aunt!

MsLizziA

So i helped my aunt's friend out with her hair. They are both 50+ women and now she wants me to make a regimen for her. Only problems is, she wears braids all the time.. like 24/7 and has done this for the past 7 years.

She said she plans to take them out but she still needs to start taking care of her hair now. Is there anything that you all could suggest that i could suggest to her for the remainder of the time she has her braids in?

Let me know because i am stomped. Oh she is natural by the way and does not plan on relaxing her hair at all... Thanks in advance!

What exactly is she looking for? Growth/thickness, or she just wants a general healthy hair regimen? Is her hair damaged?

What exactly is she looking for? Growth/thickness, or she just wants a general healthy hair regimen? Is her hair damaged?
Her hair has been in braids for 10 years ( change what i said in the OP) but she has done nothing to it but constantly refresh it. She said she will be taking them out soon but as of now, they are still in but she wants to start taking care of her hair now because she is scared its all gonna fall out once she does.

So i guess you can say she is looking for general healthy hair while the braids are still in.

she can start with c&g...basically washing with diluted shampoo, maybe DCing in her braids, and using a good braid spray with perhaps some infusium 23 added to strengthen her hair under the braids.

my sister has worn braids for 2.5 years straight and went from NL to BSL in less than a year using this regimen.

I will tell you this braids for the past 7 years is not a good thing ( assuming she is adding fake hair). First of all is she adding synthetic or natural hair to her hair?

If so she needs to stop. A friend of mine has been doing that for the past 7 years and her hair keeps breaking. I'm working on getting her to stop.

If she is braiding and not using a silk or satin scarf or pillow case at nights she is not doing anything. A lot of people think that braiding their hair is an excuse to not do anything to it, including washing, deep conditioning and moisturizing.

I practice C&G it works but your hair needs a break every 2 months. A lot of people do not ACV the hair prior to braiding. I never recommend human hair. Human hair will suck the moisture out of your own hair. if you do use it, you better make sure you do some heavy moisturizing.

Last edited:
she can start with c&g...basically washing with diluted shampoo, maybe DCing in her braids, and using a good braid spray with perhaps some infusium 23 added to strengthen her hair under the braids.

my sister has worn braids for 2.5 years straight and went from NL to BSL in less than a year using this regimen.
One thing i do know about her hair is that shampoo will be drying on her hair. She has the same type of hair as my sister and their hair is highly porous and gets dried out very easily. Shampoo really isn't there friend.

I will tell you this braids for the past 7 years is not a good thing ( assuming she is adding fake hair). First of all is she adding synthetic or natural hair to her hair?

If so she needs to stop. A friend of mine has been doing that for the past 7 years and her hair keeps breaking. I'm working on getting her to stop.

If she is braiding and not using a silk or satin scarf or pillow case at nights she is not doing anything. A lot of people think that braiding their hair is an excuse to not do anything to it, including washing, deep conditioning and moisturizing.

I practice C&G it works but your hair needs a break every 2 months. A lot of people do not ACV the hair prior to braiding. I never recommend human hair. Human hair will suck the moisture out of your own hair. if you do use it, you better make sure you do some heavy moisturizing.
She uses a synthetic hair, im pretty sure she washes it but she is under the assumption that taking care of her hair will cost her a good sum of money. I told her it wouldn't but older people are set in their ways sometimes.

Back