HELP ME DECIDE!! PCJ, AFFIRM OR VITALE

Nanyanika

Which one of these Sensitive scalp relaxers are good? i can't get access to Phyto or Mizani so i'd like to know if anyone has good experience with PCJ, AFFIRM OR VITALE. thanks in advance

sky_blu

My first relaxer was a PCJ. I tried Vitale and didnt like it that much but I hear raves about Affirm.

Ronda123

Dark&Lovley said:
I'm with Vitale all the way!:thumbsup:

I agree...VITALE. I have a very sensitive scalp and this is one of the reasons I use Vitale. I was amazed that it did not burn my scalp. I use the Vitale that list the aloe vera as the second ingredient (old formula).

SweetCaramel1

hi den1. i didn't know you were going to relax. i tried vitale a couple of weeks ago and it didn't get my hair 100% straight. it's about 85%. i left it on for 15 min. maybe i should have tried longer.

good luck to you.

Taya

Affirm,look @ my posting in your "WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE RELAXER" that's why I say this one.

amy1234

I'm with affirm, I think the trick is to be heavy handed when applying it and let it do it's job at straightening once application is complete.

Faith

*Dee* said:
I'm with affirm, I think the trick is to be heavy handed when applying it and let it do it's job at straightening once application is complete.
I agree...I think Affirm has to be in generous portions...the less you use the less it works it seems

NeeSee

I'd heard alot of raves about Affirm as well. I just had to tried it. I was not pleased at all. It was the worst relaxer I'd ever used. My scalp burned like crazy and I'm still trying to combat my dry hair. In some place the relaxer just ate my hair up. Some of my strand were split in two. I could not have been more hurt because I wanted so much for this relaxer to work and it didn't. That just shows that what work for some don't work for others.

Faith

Yeah I had been noticing excessive dryness with AFFIRM as well....hmm. I don't think I will be using it again.

devin

i've used both and i think i would choose affirm over vitale. when i used vitale my hair reverted very quickly and was also very dry. i didn't have that problem with affirm.

blessed

Dark&Lovley said:
I'm with Vitale all the way!:thumbsup:

Me too. I just used it a week ago and my hair turned out wonderful. I was thinking about posting the results but I got lazy. :ohwell:

Faith

Which vitale are you all using though? Seems they changed the formula a bit. There is the old blue/white jar and now the new brown jar.

cocowhite

I used PCJ for kids for many years and then on the last two times it has burned my scalp and I always use regular strength, so then I went to Just for Me, AtOne organics for kids and then finally moving on to Vitale.
The first time I used vitale got burned, but I my head wasn't dry, my fault, the second and third time hair came out lovely. I like Vitale, don't know about Affirm, because I never used it.

Nanyanika

Affirm lye burned my scalp, i'm searching for a good no lye sensitive scalp alternative, i'll have to look out for vitale in no-lye

ibm girl

I don't know about the sensitive scalp formula, but my (new!!) avatar shows my affirm touch-up after a 14 week stretch. I think it's the best relaxer I've used...but as you saw, what works for me doesn't necessarily work for everyone.

Good luck!

BklynHeart

Faith said:
I agree...I think Affirm has to be in generous portions...the less you use the less it works it seems

I also agree. My old hairdresser used Mild and would really work it on my roots and my hair stayed straight. When she moved, the new one didn't leave it on my hair long enough. By the 4th week I was looking like 8.:ohwell: