AFFIRM or VITALE...and WHY?

SaintLuxe

i know that this has been posted already, but i need more opinions on the subject. i just found a great salon in Philly and i have an appt this Friday. Now, usually i only relax w/Affirm (sensitive) but the stylist recommended that i try Vitale..she said that it is more gentle on the hair than Affirm. Has anyone else heard this? I thought that Affirm was supposed to be the best, least damaging relaxer for our hair...any opinions/feedback are greatly appreciated!

I use Vitale Life and Body Regular and it is a very gentle relaxer at least for me. It doesn't get my hair bone straight which is good. But I've been using it for the past two years and I love it.

I have used both. I used Affirm regular for ages and then mild. Both of them are stronger than Vitale. Vitale IMO is more gentle, no question. Problem with Vitale for me is that my hair reverted. It has a lot of aloe in it so you do not burn at all, but it was not strong enough for me. Others here have had great success with it, though. If you find that mild relaxers don't underprocess you, then I say go for it. Esp. if you stylest suggests it. My sister did my relaxer so maybe that was part of the problem - LOL.

Tene said:
I use Vitale Life and Body Regular

I'm cosigning I've been using it for yrs
It gets my hair straight how I like it
It's gentle
It has aloe in it and I just love It
Although I can't knock Affirm because I love some of their products I just have never tried their perm but I do hear alot about it too but it's just that I've used Vitale for about 10 or more yrs and it's hard letting something good go :look:

I've used Affirm for 5 years. It is very gentle--I've never been burned or over-processed by it. It also doesn't over-straighten my hair which is excellent as I like to leave some texture. I've also had very minimal breakage during long stretches. My stylist uses Affirm in conjunction with KeraCare and Nexxus products and my hair always comes out looking and feeling great with lots of fullness left intact.

I have never used Vitale, but I was an Affirm user for years. I find that over time the Affirm dries out your hair and gives your hair an ashy brown color. I also used the Sensitive Scalp, and it caused my face to break out. When my hair would touch my face, my skin would burn and itch. For the longest time, I didn't know what was going on with my skin. I didn't realize that my skin was that sensitive.

I've used both and I like Vitale. I noticed alot of breakage after an Affirm perm. The stylist I went to applied it well and took all the necessary steps, but I think Affirm was just too strong for my fine 4a/b hair. I have no problems with revertion with Vitale. It straightens my hair well without stripping it.

I just had a relaxer done with Affirm no lye, and I didn't feel any irritation or burning. This is probably my best relaxer experience. However, I do feel like it may have been a bit much for my fine 4a/4b hair also, and I'd be interested in trying Vitale

Vitale, Vitale, Vitale. I used the Life and Body tonight and OMWORD. WOW is all I have to say. Affirm has NOTHING on it IMO.

I switched from Affirm (mild) to Vitale and my hair loves me for it. With Affirm it left my hair dry and weak even after deep conditioning and straightned my hair the way I wanted it. Vitale has my hair shiny, soft and bouncy. No regrets with switching.

OK! i am convinced....i think i'll try the Vitale and see what happens!:yay: i'll make sure to keep you guys posted, because i am superexcited to see the results! Thanks again for all of the great input!

Sadly NOT as straight once I washed my hair. Looks like I never did anything :lol: So now I have to flatiron it so I don't get breakage since I have about 4" at the roots which looks like an AFRO. The more I see of my unstraightened hair though..the more I want to transition and do the blowdry/flatiron thing..since it would take less time for me to do that to my natural hair than it takes me to rollerset it and dry it under the dryer now. Hm!

Faith said:
Sadly NOT as straight once I washed my hair. Looks like I never did anything :lol: So now I have to flatiron it so I don't get breakage since I have about 4" at the roots which looks like an AFRO. The more I see of my unstraightened hair though..the more I want to transition and do the blowdry/flatiron thing..since it would take less time for me to do that to my natural hair than it takes me to rollerset it and dry it under the dryer now. Hm!

Yep, this is exactly what happened to me with Vitale. So I switched to Designer Touch in regular. Not a super straight relaxer so it left some body, no burning whatsoever but more effective for me than Vital. :)

Back