Help me Help my mom PLEASE

bklynLadee

Hello all,

I am natural and my mom has relaxed hair. I have been doing her hair with the 2 step Aphogee and basically followin Ateyyas suggestions except I roller set my moms hair and let her go under the dryer.

Now even though I would do all that my moms hair comes out lookin a little Lack Luster. Her hair was getting thicker and everything but she decides that she likes the Dominican Lady doing her hair because her hair comes out smoother and shiner. (We don't know what that woman puts in her hair and its not in beauty supply stores)

Anyway...I was wondering what would help my moms hair since its lack luster?

I tried Oil Sheen and the High Gloss serum type sprays and they make her hair too flat even if I use just a little. Her hair is more on the thin side. :wallbash:
I don't know what to do.

You're using the wrong products. My HONEST opinion is that if you want to have the "Dominican" look, you've got to use the Dominican products. Oil sheen and gloss serums will weigh hair down. Nacidit Avocado, Olive Oil or Miss Key 10-en-1 conditioner and amazing at moisture. I would then mix it with a small amount of Avanti Silicone Mix into the conditioner. Deep condition for 30 mins. I would then use Lacio Lacio leave-in on my washed and damp hair. These products work better for that "swang" than anything else. AFTER, the hair is dried with the rollers, THEN if you need more moisture you can use Qhemet Biologics Burdock root liberally (or, whatever it is that you use as a moisturizer or creme).

Ateyaa's regimen has a lot of protien in it, which is good for her since she uses hella heat. But too much unnecessary protien can leave your hair feeling and looking dry and brittle.

Since you are rollersetting your mom's hair (which is a GREAT thing) and not using direct heat, she may need more moisturizing conditioners and leave ins, that will bring out the natural shine in her hair, and for extra shine, try a little of your favorite oil before rollersetting, like coconut or olive oil.

Back