I want to help my mom

Royalq

So today my mom calls me and tells me to clean her bathroom. She has her own bathroom in the her master bedroom. Anyways I go in to clean it and jesus there was soooo many broken hairs on the floor, in the sink, even on the walls :nono:. I felt so bad for her. This isnt the first time ive been concerned with her hair. But she never wants to listen to me and goes with everything her no-hair friends tell her. My mom is 50 and I dont know what to do. I tell her the things i do but she thinks its stupid and unnecessary. She's relaxed and has about 3-4 inches of thin broken off hair. Her edges aren't gone but they look like there about to kick the bucket anytime now. And her nape is in the same condition.
because her hair is so short she relaxes frequently, almost on a monthly basis and she is an avid Bigen color user. I told her to lay of the color but she insist on covering her grays. She goes to the Dominicans when she can. She doesnt take care of her hair at all. its not even a matter of her hair not growing its just not healthy. It hard to even rollerset her hair because its soo jacked up.
It was relaxed not to long ago but i can give her any tips cause my hair was longer. I cant tell her to airydry and do a braidout like i did cause her hair is too short. Now im on a year box braid protective style self challenge and she sees how much my hair has flourished even though I just cut it shorter than hers last june. At the end of the month she said she's going to get box braids. What can I do to help? I know weekly washing and conditioning daily is great but what about when she takes the braids out? How can she wear straight style with out the heat?
I'll probably convince her to let me take pics of her hair.

My momma needs hair rehab ladies please help me help her!

her regimen-if you wanna call it that-
Shampoo when she wants to with what ever shampoo is in the house.
Whatever conditioner
Rollerset

I remember when i was relaxed I tried a wet set on my self. My hair was too long in the wrap so the middle didnt dry properly. Maybe i can try that on her? I def wanna start now cause i dont want her braiding her hair in an already cruddy condition.

Last edited:
she needs a good trim. you should treat her to a stylist possible. or you can get her a good moisturizing shampoo, moisturizing and protein conditioner, leave-in conditioner, light oil. tell her she needs to wait until she has at least 1/2 inch of new growth or relax every 8 weeks. she should learn how to wash/dc and wrap once a week. wrap her hair up nightly. get her a silk scarf. she should try use a black rinse to help with grays and color every 4-6 weeks.

Make her a goody bag of decent products to use. she possibly needs protein. Maybe she shouldnt braid freshly relaxed hair. Try and get her to do her hair when you do yours so you can help her out with things. Pic will help out alot so we can see what shape her hair is in

Hmm making a sort of kit for her sounds nice. A Moisturizing shampoo, Protein and a Moisture conditioner, A dc and some leave in, and a daily moisturizer. Any suggestions?
keep em coming ladies.

since she will use whatever is around, replace all the junk products with good ones & c if that helps

Back