When do you consider your hair healthy?

Blackoutzangel05

Is it after you have achieved a certain length? Minimal breakage? Luster or shine?

For me, I believe that my hair is healthier now because of the lack of breakage that I am achieving while its becoming thicker and I have stronger strands.

What about you?

HoneyDew

I consider my hair healthy and it is not about length.

For me is is about luster, shine and managability. I don't have problems with dryness, my hair is pretty elastic (as much as a relaxed head can actually get :)), It takes moisture well and I don';t need a lot of product when I do my hair.

I mean, my hair is relaxed so technically that is damaged, but for relaxed hair I am quite happy. Now I can just concentrate on length after jumping over all of my past hurdles.

locabouthair

ill consider my hair healthy when it stays moisturized, doesnt break much, has body, and is naturally shiny without any product. to me healthy hair can be short or long the length doesnt matter.

Bmack

I consider my hair healthy when my ends are in perfect condition, my hair is moisterized and has a beautiful shine.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I consider my hair healthy when I'm not getting any breakage and my hair stays soft and moisturized. Thickness and nice ends count too. Length doesn't really matter.

healthyhairin07

I'll consider my hair healthy when most of the ends are even, there are no split ends, and the strands are thicker and have more elasticity.

camellia

When my hair has little to no breakage, a nice shine to it, each strand feels strong and can be stretched very far before snapping... I think my hair is pretty healthy now, I just want more length and thickness.

princesmich

Hair health has nothing to do with length as far as I'm concerned, I've seen some really healthy heads that were very short, and I've seen long hair that was stringy and unhealthy. I think when your strands are strong, not much breakage and shiny thick hair is healthy hair.

la flaca

princesmich said:
Hair health has nothing to do with length as far as I'm concerned, I've seen some really healthy heads that were very short, and I've seen long hair that was stringy and unhealthy. I think when your strands are strong, not much breakage and shiny thick hair is healthy hair.

I agree, for me healthy hair is: strong, minimum breakage and overall THICK!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

gymfreak336

I will consider my hair healthy when it gets and stays moisutrized easily, has little to no breakage, is elastic, soft and my ends look nice.

Blackoutzangel05

EbonyHairedPrincess said:
I think this is the best answer.

I have to agree

For the record...I was not personally stating that I believe that hair health is determined by length because I don't but some others might view that as a determination as to whether their hair is healthy

nelli711

I consider hair healthy to be healthy when there is minimal breakage, nice sheen, elastic, strong, soft, moisturized and no split ends.

thiccknlong

When it's hard to break , but has plenty of elasticity

extra thick, non splitting, shiny ends

thick, glossy, lush, black hair

Candy_C

when your ends are as thick and as smooth as your roots

when you tug at a funny looking, bent-up end, and it dont break!

when you have near enough no breakage

tnorenberg

gymfreak336 said:
I will consider my hair healthy when it gets and stays moisutrized easily, has little to no breakage, is elastic, soft and my ends look nice.

Ditto for me too. I think it's pretty healthy now but I'm looking for more strength.

ubavka123

I agree with those who said that thick ends/fullness, shine, moisture and minimal breakage are markers of healthy hair for me. It is not about length at all.