Help me with my BANGS for School...please?

Sonye93

Hi everyone!

Ok, school is starting on Wednesday. I had the whole summer to ask this question but I forgot because I had my bangs back the whole summer. So here are my questions:

1. How can I get my bangs to lay flat against my forehead? (every time I wanna wear them out they'll be bumped and won't lay against my head, I don't want them to just stick, but you know...)

2. What do I do on rainy days? (they always mess up in the rain, I can have the biggest umbrella it won't work)

3. How do I keep them from getting frizzy?

4. How do I maintain them? (will a wrap help)

Thanks SOOOO Much In Advance!!! I hope ppl help me.
P.S. I have front bangs but at times I like to sweep them to the side.

Nonie

I'm guessing you're relaxed and curl your bangs and they hold that rolled look sticking up and out? Here's what I'd try.

1. How can I get my bangs to lay flat against my forehead? (every time I wanna wear them out they'll be bumped and won't lay against my head, I don't want them to just stick, but you know...)

I would brush them forward over my forehead so the roots are forced to lie flat, then I'd tie them down. With winter coming, a good way to do that would be to wear a lined woolly hat to press the down on your way to school. Keeping a small comb handy that you can use to comb forward against your forehead, using the base of the comb, not just teeth may help.

Or you could just comb the bangs in a wrapping style and tie them down for the night. I think they'd follow the curve of your head and because they were pressed flat at the base, in the AM when you comb them, I think they'd hang down.

That's what I'd try if I were you anyway.

2. What do I do on rainy days? (they always mess up in the rain, I can have the biggest umbrella it won't work)

You must use a 'cone serum. You must keep moisture, even in the air, from reaching your hair, so it doesn't frizz.

3. How do I keep them from getting frizzy?
See previous answer. Keeping moisture from getting to them by sealing is the only way I know to help.

4. How do I maintain them? (will a wrap help)
I believe it will. I had somewhat of a side-swept bang when I was relaxed and I just used to wrap it by smoothing it around my forehead with a fine-tooth comb and then tie it. Every once in a while I'd have to use the curling iron to curve it, but as long as I used that comb to "brush" from the base pressing down against my forehead it stayed down:

This was before I had the front cut short to a bang do, but this do was from simply wrapping and you can see the front where I wanted it to hang, it did a pretty good job of that:

Pandora1975

I like the woolly hat idea, but I would add a silk scarf first. IDK about the rest. I never wrapped my hair and I'm stiff looking for a frizz cure.

CocoBunny

Have you considered faux bangs? There was cute tutorial about it a few weeks ago. That may solve your problem.

MrsHdrLe

I used to swear by bangs when my hair was shorter there. I would tie them down or use the silver duck bill clips for a little bit while getting ready for work. Now I can't stand hair on my forehead anymore, so I sweep them to the side. Good luck.

Tee

I hope you find the answers you need (even though I feel that Nonie has done a great job at it already.)

I don't have bangs and when I did, I wasn't into hair care.

Nonie's answer is on point. I just cut bangs.. I don't like wrapping my hair but I just sweep the bangs to the side like the beginning of a wrap - and then tie my hair down. In the morning, my bangs are flat against my forehead.

Sonye93

Have you considered faux bangs? There was cute tutorial about it a few weeks ago. That may solve your problem.

Yea actually I have....and I think I've seen the tutorial you're talking about. I don't want it, reason being is because from September of last year 'til June of this year I've kept my hair in braids and had a weaved bang piece. I just don't want any added hair anymore, well at least not now. But thanks