Help me with the Bad patch of breaking hair

kizzylonghair

Hi Ladies,

Help required, I am a fine stranded 4a girl, 8 weeks post relaxer

I am experiencing breakage to one side of my head/patch even; this side has always been a little thinner due to wrapping which I haven’t done for 7 months.

Recent Hair History

Conwash – Nexxus Emergencee – Deepcon (ORS Re-plen pack & Oils) 2 weeks ago

Side/Patch Hair was still breaking, thought it needed more protein

Conwash – Aphogee 2 min – Deepcon (ORS Re-plen pack & Oils) 1 weeks ago

That side of my hair was extremely tangled, lost a fair amount detangling, it is now quite dry to touch / straw like & I am moisturising constantly.
I must of overloading on protein, maybe I need a just a moisturising con( I knw ORS has protein in it.
I just don’t understand why I only have the issue ONE section of my hair; the other half has strength and has thrived with the extra protein.

Was thinking about Henna on that patch?? (or is that more protein??)
Do I trim these ends??
Do I end my stretch??

Any advice…

Guitarhero

Con-wash, I suspect that is the problem. You are over-saturating with conditioner. You hair might not be "drying" as it should. I had that problem myself at one point. Maybe you should try a conditioning shampoo/sulphate-free one and use a light rinse for conditioning like some of the Dominican ones? Or just use the deep-protein/moisturizing deep treatment only.

You do not want to put henna on one side of your hair like that. Also, try not to wrap for awhile and up your intake of proteins, like a whey product.

kizzylonghair

Con-wash, I suspect that is the problem. You are over-saturating with conditioner. You hair might not be "drying" as it should. I had that problem myself at one point. Maybe you should try a conditioning shampoo/sulphate-free one and use a light rinse for conditioning like some of the Dominican ones? Or just use the deep-protein/moisturizing deep treatment only.

You do not want to put henna on one side of your hair like that. Also, try not to wrap for awhile and up your intake of proteins, like a whey product.

Volver, thank you.

I will try a shampoo, I hear people rave about Creme of Nature & not moisturize it to death
No henna :nono:

bebezazueta

I used to have a badly thinned out left side and here are the things I did. I changed my hair part since my hair was parted on this side for years. I changed the direction in which I wrapped my hair since I always put stress on that thinned side. I also started styling this section of my hair last. For some reason when you first begin styling you manipulate the first section more and all direct heat appliances are hotter when you first use them so if you blow dry or flat iron, do your thin section last. But I cut out blowdrying and flat ironing all together to get my hair healthy again. Results. Now this side has thickened up nicely, but it took months of special care and eliminating direct heat all together. I do henna but I henna my whole head and it's doing wonders for my hair.