Help....my baby's curls

LoVeMYLIfe

Hello all,

I am trying to find a good product to help maintain the beautiful curls in my little girl's hair. When her hair is freshly washed the curls are very shiney and intact, but after her hair dries, it turns into a big frizzy dry hot MESS! I have tried Carol's Daughters Hair Milk, Organics soft hold hairdress, and a few other items for curly hair(can't rmember the names at the moment)

I would love to keep her hair out and curly, but I am unable to achieve this without it turning into a disaster, so I put her hair in ponytails, with the ouchless bands. I know that she gets tired of me pulling on her hair with these, and I know that in the long run this will do damage to her beautiful hair. I noticed that you natural ladies have such beautiful curls, please, please can anyone help me achieve this for my daughter?:confused:

Here are a few pics, the first pic is right after shampoo, this is the look I am trying to achieve when her hair is dry.

Attachments

• 012_9A-3.jpg
    012_9A-3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 92
  • r90_020437.jpg
    r90_020437.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 62
  • r180_020436.jpg
    r180_020436.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 85
  • r180_020425.jpg
    r180_020425.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
B

Bublnbrnsuga

Dede, maybe that's just how your baby's hair is. I know my hair will be all curly and very defined after I wash it, but if I don't put curl enhancing products in it which are for me, Elucence MB conditioner or Curly Custard, it will turn frizzy, too. I wouldn't suggest those two products for her hair because they may not be formulated for babies.
Check out http://www.longlovelylocks.com for hair products for kids (click lovely child) and check out http://www.curlmart.com for other products. HTH

Last edited by a moderator:

angelita842002

My baby has really curly hair too and I use a Soft Sheen Carson lotion for kids in a pink and white bottle. I also still use a little bit of Jhonsons and Jhonsons aloe vera gel in a green container. It makes her hair really soft just dont use alot.

krissyprissy

I'm also searching for something to use on my 3 and1/2 month boy. His hair is so dry now and I just bought Soft & Precious Creme Hairdress for babies yesterday at Wal-Mart. It is okay, so I'm still searching for something.

LoVeMYLIfe

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Dede, maybe that's just how your baby's hair is. I know my hair will be all curly and very defined after I wash it, but if I don't put curl enhancing products in it which are for me, Elucence MB conditioner or Curly Custard, it will turn frizzy, too. I wouldn't suggest those two products for her hair because they may not be formulated for babies.
Check out http://www.longlovelylocks.com for hair products for kids (click lovely child) and check out http://www.curlmart.com for other products. HTH

Thank you , thank you, thank you!!!! The products on these sites seem to be just what I have been looking for. I am going to try the fuzzy duck products at curlmart. I will let you know how it works.

nomoweavesfome

she is sooooo very cute! awww - I wish I had advice too. That's the reason why I cut my sons hair at 18 months. (still kicking myself for that)His hair was just just just like that. I didn't know what to do! I do know the suave milk and honey conditioner works wonders on his hair now, but I'm not sure what you can put on your baby to hold the curl. I'm sure any of the suggested products the other young ladies described will help. I need to know myself for my next baby If I luck out on that pretty hair again! lol

Peachtree

When my daughter was a baby, I used Jojoba, Avocado & Olive Oils, sometimes mixing them all together, sometimes adding Castor Oil. This kept her curls *VERY* shiny, silky, & just cute. :)

oh yeah, the oils mentioned above are very rich (especially if u add castor oil to the combo)... a very little goes a long way. I literally added a few drops of oil (maybe 8 or so) to her hair after poo'ng & her curls stayed in tact all day long... well, until she started rolling/playing around on the floor :lol:

LoVeMYLIfe

AAWWWW Thanks ladies!!! She is my one and only girl after two boys so as you can guess she is my little princess!!

Vaqtea you have a cutie pie also!!!

Thanks Peachtree for the oil suggestions, I may just try these also and see what happens, by the way your daughters hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Peachtree

DeDewantslongerhair said:
AAWWWW Thanks ladies!!! She is my one and only girl after two boys so as you can guess she is my little princess!!

Vaqtea you have a cutie pie also!!!

Thanks Peachtree for the oil suggestions, I may just try these also and see what happens, by the way your daughters hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

thx chica :)
oh forgot to say ur baby is a DOLL!

Country gal

I use fantasia ic sparklelites or S-curl wave pomade. My hair naturally curls up especially when wet so I add leave in conditoner and Fantasia or Scurl to make the curls pop out more. A little goes a long way.

Your daughter is precious and so cute.

caligirl

Your daughter is a doll! Please don't get her into the mindset of curly=good and bushy=bad. That might just be the natural texture of her hair when it dries.