HELP! My hair is gone mad!

Precious0719

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and my hair (over the past 11 weeks) hair broken off around the perimeter of my hair line at about 1 1/2 inches from my scalp. I'm threw! At first, I thought I was imagining this but now I'm certain. I'm in utter dispair. I'm sad beyond belief:nono:
It took me three years to grow my hair all even with long strands in the front that meet the back strands. Now I look like one of those project kids whose mother permed her hair at age three and all the perimeter strands broke off.
This is the worst.
Help me
Help Me
HELP ME!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Traycee

:bighug:.............I wish I could help...I have 4 kids and each pregnancy I always had bad breakage (other pregnant women get growth I got breakage)..They say it's because the baby takes most of the vitamins and nutrients you take in...Some women have problems with they're teeth too.....My advice would be eat healthy and take prenatal vitamins

AsTheCurlzTurns

:bighug:.............I wish I could help...I have 4 kids and each pregnancy I always had bad breakage (other pregnant women get growth I got breakage)..They say it's because the baby takes most of the vitamins and nutrients you take in...Some women have problems with they're teeth too.....My advice would be eat healthy and take prenatal vitamins

I'm one of those women who got growth during my pregnancies and then some shed hairs coming right after the birth. I don't know of anything to add to this, except perhaps to drink more water than you normally do also. Also are you moisturizing your hair during this time? It just may be a lil dry on the edges due to the pregnancy and all. Congrats on the pregnancy! :)

cicilypayne

Okay emergence nexuss treatment right away followed by Humectress for 30 or 40 minutes with heat. Repeat Humectress every 3 days you can also use Humecto. Start increasing the lean protein in your diet. More Salmon(safe fish not high in mercury but check with your doc. first). Use Candy C advice on scratching to stimulate scalp growth and stop using your hairbrush until your roots get stronger, Maybe you can use the Shikaki oil to strengthen your hair follicules. Drink more water. Make your pre. vitamins a priority if you can pick any one than shop around for the one with the highest level of biotin, folate and iron. Come to think of it ...Were you anemic prior to the pregnancy ??...making your iron levels extra low- now that you are?
If so , then anemia and low iron levels could be the culprit.:yep:

HTH

Last edited:

Precious0719

THANK you all soooo MUCH! I'm taking and utilizing your suggestions TODAY! I guess my typical regimen just won't do at this time. I know I need to chose a better prenatal vitamin based on the what I'm currently experiencing.:grin::grin::grin:
Thanks Thanks Thanks
I'm ever grateful.

shtow

OT Traycee....you look great to have had 4 kids!(no homo). Did u exercise moderately while preg?

Precious...I have never been preg, but I know when I have crown breakage I loosen the grip of my scarves. My mom also used castor oil on my scalp and hair and I remember it helping my crown grow back in very quickly! HTH in some kinda way.

Traycee

OT Traycee....you look great to have had 4 kids!(no homo). Did u exercise moderately while preg?

Precious...I have never been preg, but I know when I have crown breakage I loosen the grip of my scarves. My mom also used castor oil on my scalp and hair and I remember it helping my crown grow back in very quickly! HTH in some kinda way.

Your making me Blush............Thankyou!!! I've actually gained 10 pounds since Nov because of the Holidays......I actually work out about 4 times a week and run about 8 miles a week ..I try to run 2 miles a day Monday through Friday...During pregnancies I would walk every morning about 30-45 mins a day........Thats it !!!!!

shtow

Your making me Blush............Thankyou!!! I've actually gained 10 pounds since Nov because of the Holidays......I actually work out about 4 times a week and run about 8 miles a week ..I try to run 2 miles a day Monday through Friday...During pregnancies I would walk every morning about 30-45 mins a day........Thats it !!!!!

Your welcome! Oh ok thats pretty simple, I plan on walking when I get preggos a zillion years from now. Glad to see it works lol

Dogmd

I know how you felt..my hair broke at the crowne with my 2nd baby... i was anemic...check your iron levels and take your supplements.. i slacked my first tri-mester cuz the vits made me sick...my hair broke off the 3rd month. It will grow back sweetie...so try not to worry right now. :)

congrats on your pregnancy!!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
How long do you usually stretch your relaxers? Is this your first time stretching? It may just be time to relax :yep:

Other than that, it may be an iron defenciency or it may just be one of the many joys of pregnancy :ohwell:

BTW, congrats on your little bun in the oven! :D

MariposaSexyGirl

Okay emergence nexuss treatment right away followed by Humectress for 30 or 40 minutes with heat. Repeat Humectress every 3 days you can also use Humecto. Start increasing the lean protein in your diet. More Salmon(safe fish not high in mercury but check with your doc. first). Use Candy C advice on scratching to stimulate scalp growth and stop using your hairbrush until your roots get stronger, Maybe you can use the Shikaki oil to strengthen your hair follicules. Drink more water. Make your pre. vitamins a priority if you can pick any one than shop around for the one with the highest level of biotin, folate and iron. Come to think of it ...Where you anemic prior to the pregnancy making your iron levels extra low now that you are? if so anemia and low iron levels could be the culprit.:yep:

HTH

Yup, when I was pregnant they had me on a prenatal vit and a iron pill also because I was anemic.