HELP!!! My hair is shedding like crazy

karebear0610

Hi everyone,

I need all your help ladies. I washed my hair last night (in my kitchen sink). Throughout the whole shampoo and conditioning steps i noticed all this hair coming out of the comb and on my hands. Even while detangling my hair was still falling out. Before shampooing I used ORS Hair Mayo (which I am never using again, it left all these little particles in my hair) I'm wondering if thats what caused the shedding.

Can you ladies let me know what I should do or do differently to stop this shedding...I'm currently transitioning to natural hair and I'm using Mega-Tek.

Please help,

Thanks

naturalgurl

For shedding, use garlic. You can cut up a couple of cloves and put in about 3 tablespoons of water and nuke in microwave for about 20 seconds. Add this to your condish and DC. ORS made my hair shed something fierce but it's one of the beloved products on most hair boards. Good luck, I hope this advice helps. Oh yeah, and Megatek is a MAJOR protein item. Use carefully. You need major moisture with this, that might be the culprit as well...

Black Hoya Chick

i have heard that mega-tek can cause shedding. try taking some garlic pills, or up your moisture. and DC at least once a week. i am also transitioning and cowashing twice a week plus weekly DC has helped curb the shedding tremendously.

mistee11

Hi everyone,

I need all your help ladies. I washed my hair last night (in my kitchen sink). Throughout the whole shampoo and conditioning steps i noticed all this hair coming out of the comb and on my hands. Even while detangling my hair was still falling out. Before shampooing I used ORS Hair Mayo (which I am never using again, it left all these little particles in my hair) I'm wondering if thats what caused the shedding.

Can you ladies let me know what I should do or do differently to stop this shedding...I'm currently transitioning to natural hair and I'm using Mega-Tek.

Please help,

Thanks

I've been experiencing a lot of breakage too. So I decided to get some shea butter and coconut oil. I also purchased some Pantene Detangling Spray. These along with Mega-Tek are helping reduce the breakage. This cold weather and forced-air heating are wreaking havoc so some breakage is unavoidable. I also heard that garlic works to reduce breakage. Gonna try this too.

Irresistible

Hi everyone,

Please help,

Thanks

Mega Tek is known to cause shedding, so thats most likely the source

HappyHairDreams

How do you apply the zinc - internally or externally?

Internally. Bought tablets from the drug store. I read about it in women's heath magazine (posted about it awhile ago), the doctor's article recommended eating pumkin seeds as a source of zinc to reduce shedding.