Shedding like crazy : ( HEELLLLPP!

honeycomb719

Please somebody tell me what's going on. My hair has been shedding like SOOOO much since I took my braids down almost 3 weeks ago. I haven't been doing anything unsual. I'm not talking about 10 hairs shedding, I'm talking 50 hairs or more each time I comb my hair. All long hairs.I didnt say anything before because I didnt want to sound like I was overracting. Is this normal shedding? I'm about 8 weeks from my last relaxer, could that be the problem? My hair is feeling really thin, but puffy. I'm about to
What's going on here?

alireno

How long did you have your braids in? Just wondering because during the time your braids were in all of your shed hair had nowhere to go. Maybe that is what is happening.

Karonica

Don't fret. What is the normal time that you wait to get your relaxers touched-up? And exactly how long did you have the braids in? Do you currently have a lot of new growth? Sorry for asking all the questions, but they may be useful for someone else who can answer it in depth. I'm not going to be quick and say that this is an internal problem in your case, since you did mention that you've had braids.

Most importantly, are these hairs long because your hair is breaking close to the root, or is the hair actually coming out of the roots?

honeycomb719

I had the braids in for 2weeks. And the hairs have bulbs on the ends. I haven't yet mastered a certain time line for relaxing, but I plan to wait atleast 8weeks between relaxers. I have alot of new growth, but then I don't know it might just be because my hair has been so underprocessed and badly needs a relaxer. I plan to relax this weekend, is this o.k. to do when I'm experiencing so much shedding?

elliot

honeycomb719,

I feel your pain. My hair has been shedding really bad for the past two weeks. I finally used some Motions CPR. It seems to have gotten it under control for now. Another good product for shedding is Nexxus Keraphix. (sp?)
HTH
Elliot