HELP! My hair is SO dry.

unalteredone

About 2 weeks ago, I went to Trade secret and bought Kenra clarifying and Joico kpak reconstructor. I havent clarified in forever so i clarified and then used the kpak (5 mins). I followed it up with Kenra MC. Im pretty sure i dc-ed under the dryer for 10-15 mins. My hair was not very soft afterward, kind of dry, but i thought at the time that it could be because of the leave in combo i used/that i flatironed.

My hair is still ridiculously dry. I've co washed, i've dc-ed, i've moisturized since then, but my hair still dries dry. I used AO HSR for the first time yesterday on dry hair and then rinsed, and i got really excited because my hair felt so soft, but as soon as it air dried....dry:nono:. At this point i cant tell if it's always been like this but im just paying more attention since i'm not sure how Joico affects me.....was it bad to clarify and protein at the same time? What can i do to bring my moisture back?

tia.

Blessed_Angel

About 2 weeks ago, I went to Trade secret and bought Kenra clarifying and Joico kpak reconstructor. I havent clarified in forever so i clarified and then used the kpak (5 mins). I followed it up with Kenra MC. Im pretty sure i dc-ed under the dryer for 10-15 mins. My hair was not very soft afterward, kind of dry, but i thought at the time that it could be because of the leave in combo i used/that i flatironed.

My hair is still ridiculously dry. I've co washed, i've dc-ed, i've moisturized since then, but my hair still dries dry. I used AO HSR for the first time yesterday on dry hair and then rinsed, and i got really excited because my hair felt so soft, but as soon as it air dried....dry:nono:. At this point i cant tell if it's always been like this but im just paying more attention since i'm not sure how Joico affects me.....was it bad to clarify and protein at the same time? What can i do to bring my moisture back?

tia.

I don't think it was a good idea to do them both at the same time. :nono: But after you did that, how did you dry your hair? Airdrying willl not help either in making your hair softer. My hair holds in more moisture when I rollerset under the dryer. :yep:

Do you know how to rollerset?

HighlyFavored1

tia.

It sounds like you are doing all of the necessary things. Does your hair typically feel moisturized after airdrying? How did you airdry it? Whenever I airdry my hair out and down, it comes out dry no matter what. If i airdry it in a couple of braids, it comes out much more moisturized. Maybe it is in your drying method.

unalteredone

I don't think it was a good idea to do them both at the same time. :nono: But after you did that, how did you dry your hair? Airdrying willl not help either in making your hair softer. My hair holds in more moisture when I rollerset under the dryer. :yep:

Do you know how to rollerset?

I have not tried magnetic roller setting but i can flexirod set ok. I want to learn, but i go back to school in 2 weeks and i fear that my time for rollersetting will be limited. I bought some carusos though.

It sounds like you are doing all of the necessary things. Does your hair typically feel moisturized after airdrying? How did you airdry it? Whenever I airdry my hair out and down, it comes out dry no matter what. If i airdry it in a couple of braids, it comes out much more moisturized. Maybe it is in your drying method.

My hair to be honest has a real tendency to be dry. I joined so that i could fix that, haha. My hair doesnt really feel moisturized after airdrying with my hair out. When i airdry in braids my hair does feel a little better but the braidout afterward always looks terrible so then i have to style it some other way so i usually dont bother. If i could get a braid out to look good i'd totally do it. Mine dont hang down, they stick out. Before this, after dcing with ORS replenishing my hair would feel pretty good, but for some reason it just wasnt happening anymore. That's partly why i clarified.

Leesh

It also sounds as though you are over-proteined, all the products that you are using has protein in it, may be you should try total moisture, form your pre-poo to your shampoo to your leave-in to your DC, for a few weeks, only do the protein trtmnts like the kpak when neccessary. That should help out a lot.