Help! My jewelry is trying to take my hair!!!

rootdeep

Okay...I am an avid lover of jewelry. Silver, gold...costume jewelry you know it! I work in corporate america and my necklaces add extra spice to the corporate look. However, since my hair is growing past my shoulders my necklaces are trying to snatch my hair. I know Im not the only one with this problem. When I am in a meeting and I move my neck I can feel my necklace(s) pulling on the nape of my neck pulling my hair.

Yesterday after returning home from work I pulled off my silver choker (which is OHHHHHHH so cute by the way) to find 4 of my hairs caught in it. :eek: :mad: I was crushed.

Do I stop wearing my pretty necklaces all together until my hair gets stronger or wear more buns? What do you ladies do?

Help!! PLEASE!!!

Sincerly....

The Bare NECKED lady :perplexed

UmSumayyah

You could try tops with embellished necklines, or just switch to very pretty, fairly large pins on your blouses for now.
Or wear your hair up while wearing necklaces.

rootdeep

Thank you.....I think I'll go with the pins. I dont care for my hair up too often at work. I'm just past the shoulders and my buns arent as full as the longer hair ladies on the board.

I was just out done when I saw all those strands in my necklace.

Dark&Lovley

OOh I had this same prob!

The first time My necklaces pulled out my hair I had to eventually get the back trimmed off into a blunt cut because it damaged my hair so bad it would always get caught in the necklace.

Second time I guess I learned my lesson it was either my hair or my necklace and by me being on this board u know which one I chose :lol:

But I think it's just certain kind of necklaces that will pull your hair out
Personally the only time I wear the ones I know that will take my hair out is when I wear my hair up and then I feel secure in wearing the necklace then

rootdeep

LOL...yeah and I know which one Im going to choose! :) MY HAIR!!
Yeah its whenever I wear my CUTE silver pearls. It gets caught up in the clasp.....lesson learned.

I'm going to hit my ends up with some castor oil...(just a drop) tonight and give the pearls a rest.

I was ready to throw them out the window last night! :mad:

Last edited: