Help! My Name is SthrnLady and I'm a.....

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
.....Wig Addict! Soooo I joined the site in 10/09 but did not get serious until 1/2010. I learned about wigs as a protective style and was hooked: especially after I saw how much hair I retained when wearing them :grin:

Anyway I've got almost 20 wigs and just bought 2 more this week :ohwell:

Everytime I think I have found the perfect wig I find another that starts calling my name. I really need to go into recovery.

IRL I can't share my addiction for wigs and know that only the ladies of LHCF would understand. Is there any hope for a wig addict trying to enter recovery???? :spinning: Are there others out there like me??

transitioning?

I'm not a wig addict solely because they itch me. Sidenote: do you know how to stop the itching?

Whats wrong with being a wig addict? If it's a monetary issue just make a budget. LadyP and others got great results only wearing wigs

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

sugarwater

I'm wig addict too! I have like 10 wigs but only wear 2! lol I told myself i have wear atleast 5 or them 'til they can't be worn anymore to buy more.

I blame in on muffinsismylovers! She introduced me to wigs and puts up a new video almost everyday!

Jas123

The Star of a Story
i wish i could wear wigs for ps instead of these buns & braids that i'm sick & tired of wearing... i'm too scared to wear wigs for fear that they might fall off or even feel uncomfortable

aquajoyice

I can see why your a wig addict your hair is gorgeous. But like any addiction the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Start slowly weening yourself out and find really cute protective styles to take the place of wigs.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
Man I WISH I could wear wigs like that!!! But my head gets hot so quickly and the I start scratching and itching...I look crazy. If I could get my damn head temperature under control I would be buying wigs like they were an endangered species.

QueenAmaka

I'm not a wig addict solely because they itch me. Sidenote: do you know how to stop the itching?

Whats wrong with being a wig addict? If it's a monetary issue just make a budget. LadyP and others got great results only wearing wigs

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I actually usually wear my wig cap so it doesn't itch for me :) My husband actually says that I buy too many wigs so that where the addict part comes in at

Op your hair us gorgeous and your progress is very impressive!!

Thanks! I am so greatful for the site!
I'm wig addict too! I have like 10 wigs but only wear 2! lol I told myself i have wear atleast 5 or them 'til they can't be worn anymore to buy more.

I blame in on muffinsismylovers! She introduced me to wigs and puts up a new video almost everyday!

I knew there were others like me :grin: Thats my prob. I've got soooooo many wigs but only wear a few of them

Hey we all have our addictions! LOL
Welcome to the board

True. I guess having a wig addiction is a little better than what it could be :look:

i wish i could wear wigs for ps instead of these buns & braids that i'm sick & tired of wearing... i'm too scared to wear wigs for fear that they might fall off or even feel uncomfortable

I was scared of wigs too for awhile then I actually tried one out and was presently surprised. I watched a lot of ytube vids for help. You should try it out. :yep:

I can see why your a wig addict your hair is gorgeous. But like any addiction the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Start slowly weening yourself out and find really cute protective styles to take the place of wigs.

Thanks! I have decided that I will not buy any wigs for at least 4 weeks. The 2 I bought this week will take me through that time ) but then after that only once every few months.

Man I WISH I could wear wigs like that!!! But my head gets hot so quickly and the I start scratching and itching...I look crazy. If I could get my damn head temperature under control I would be buying wigs like they were an endangered species.

A potential wig addict in the making :yep:

JJamiah

HELLO SISTER!
Where have you been all this time :woohoo: :bighug: :woot:

I too am a wig addict. Sense the name in my Avy, has been there for some time.

I own about 60/70 who is counting anymore.

I am on a no buy until November for Black Friday - and Made a bet with two people so guess what I know one thing I don't like to lose bets. Plus the best deals are on and after November's Black friday.

SelfStyled

Ahem, **cough**, I am a HUGE wig addict, I can totally relate. As a matter of fact, I just ordered $125 of wigs today from www. Rockeytrading.com I ordered 4 or 5 LF's and 2 Half wigs, so I did really good for the money I thought.

You know your a wig addict, when you have wigs for different occasions. I have wigs for work, the weekends, wigs for date night with DH, etc. lol.

Sometimes I am bothered by my addiction/obsession with wigs. I noticed that when I curbed buying hair products, it went over to the wig arena. I wear wigs- but I also alternate with other styles. I love wigs- cause they keep me glam.

I have noticed there are lots of obsessions on the board, whether they happen to be wigs, conditioners, oils, etc.

Your siggie is awesome- keep up the great work.

Tiye

I like wigs but I make most of them myself and this keeps me in check. :) I can only make them but so fast and even getting the hair I want takes time. I'm not a weave hair fetishist but it can still take time to find patterns and colors even for e.g. synthetic hair.

QueenAmaka

HELLO SISTER!
Where have you been all this time :woohoo: :bighug: :woot:

I too am a wig addict. Sense the name in my Avy, has been there for some time.

I own about 60/70 who is counting anymore.

I am on a no buy until November for Black Friday - and Made a bet with two people so guess what I know one thing I don't like to lose bets. Plus the best deals are on and after November's Black friday.

WOW 60 - 70! I thought I was bad :lol: I luuv your hair by the way, I've been a stalker :yep:

QueenAmaka

Ahem, **cough**, I am a HUGE wig addict, I can totally relate. As a matter of fact, I just ordered $125 of wigs today from www. Rockeytrading.com I ordered 4 or 5 LF's and 2 Half wigs, so I did really good for the money I thought.

You know your a wig addict, when you have wigs for different occasions. I have wigs for work, the weekends, wigs for date night with DH, etc. lol.

Sometimes I am bothered by my addiction/obsession with wigs. I noticed that when I curbed buying hair products, it went over to the wig arena. I wear wigs- but I also alternate with other styles. I love wigs- cause they keep me glam.

I have noticed there are lots of obsessions on the board, whether they happen to be wigs, conditioners, oils, etc.

Your siggie is awesome- keep up the great work.

6 wigs for $125!!! This is not helping my addiction. Off to view rockytrading BUT I will not buy any wigs :look: at least not today...

I hear you on the wigs for different occasions: work, running around town, going out wigs, party wigs etc

QueenAmaka

I like wigs but I make most of them myself and this keeps me in check. :) I can only make them but so fast and even getting the hair I want takes time. I'm not a weave hair fetishist but it can still take time to find patterns and colors even for e.g. synthetic hair.

How cool that you make your own wigs!! Maybe if I try that it'll slow me down some....hmmm...interesting...

How did you learn to make the wigs?

SelfStyled

6 wigs for $125!!! This is not helping my addiction. Off to view rockytrading BUT I will not buy any wigs :look: at least not today...

I hear you on the wigs for different occasions: work, running around town, going out wigs, party wigs etc

Yeah, I thought about that later:lachen:- it wasn't that nice to tempt you. But seriously Rockey Trading has the BEST prices around.....just sayin'. At least when your ready to re-up, you can find wigs on the cheap.

andromeda

Your hair is beautiful, it's thickened up so much and looks very healthy.

I like wigs. I don't have a huge collection, only 5 or so. I just bought 2 in the last 2 weeks and I'm really liking my lacefront (my first one). I used to love half-wigs but lately, I don't feel like blending my own hair and I think it's best to manipulate my front/edges minimally. I've been on muffinismylover marathon this weekend :YT:. I love watching her wig videos.

Do you wear curly wigs, OP? If so, which are your favorite ones?

LifeafterLHCF

Hi I'm a wig addict since High School,Im 25 now so lets just say I have been around a bss wig shop and know which ones to hit.I hate buying online but may look into it.I love wigs helps me not to have to see my hair which looks busted most days and it keeps me hair on my head.

QueenAmaka

Your hair is beautiful, it's thickened up so much and looks very healthy.

I like wigs. I don't have a huge collection, only 5 or so. I just bought 2 in the last 2 weeks and I'm really liking my lacefront (my first one). I used to love half-wigs but lately, I don't feel like blending my own hair and I think it's best to manipulate my front/edges minimally. I've been on muffinismylover marathon this weekend :YT:. I love watching her wig videos.

Do you wear curly wigs, OP? If so, which are your favorite ones?

I actually don't do a lot of curly wigs. I like wigs that have a slight curl kinda like a duby or loose rollerset. I absolutely luv the mommy wig by the janet collection :yep: Modu Anytime Collection make lots of nice wigs too.

Hi I'm a wig addict since High School,Im 25 now so lets just say I have been around a bss wig shop and know which ones to hit.I hate buying online but may look into it.I love wigs helps me not to have to see my hair which looks busted most days and it keeps me hair on my head.

I have never bought wigs online but I may check out Rocky Trading as Self Styled mentioned earlier since they have great prices :grin: