HELP MY NAPE AREA

yoyo2

It seems as if my hair in the nape area is starting to break off. What can I do to reverse this problem?
I haven't had a relaxer in about 8 weeks,but I am trying to go without fot 10 weeks. I am open for any and every suggestions.

ShashaUK

Hi Yoyo2

I'm sorry you are having problems with your nape area. Has this only just started to happen or is a recurring problem? If this is first time perhaps the relaxer was not rinsed off properly after your last touch up. I suggest you shampoo a with neutralizing shampoo a couple of days after a chemical is applied to your hair just to be safe. (I think a lot of the ladies of the board do this).

The hair at my nape area is very weak too, I have been using Surge for just under 4 weeks - the hair on my nape has really picked up since using it - I've gained and kept an inch of growth (unheard of before). I suggest you keep the area super moist with S Curl or shea butter and treat that area with extra TLC. I also found frequent conditioner washes keeps the hair hydrated and is helpful if the hair is brittle. Have you done a protein treatment? If not give it a go. Maybe you could also ask your stylist not to relax that area when you go for your next touch-up just to give it a break while it heals.

Hope this helps
Good luck
Shashauk

yoyo2

Hi shashauk and yes this is a recurring problem i've had as far back as i could remember my hair has always broken at the nape area. No matter how long my hair grows it always seems to break off right at the nape area.Thanks soooooo for your help and i am so happy my sister told me about LHCF, What protein treatment would you recommend?

lunalight7

I saturated this are w/ S Curl every night and over a period of 6 months, it has grown from practically nothing to about five inches. Each time I get a touchup, my stylist comments on the growth and how he has to use a larger roller!

OnceUponAtime

[ QUOTE ]
ShashaUK said:
The hair at my nape area is very weak too, I have been using Surge for just under 4 weeks - the hair on my nape has really picked up since using it - I've gained and kept an inch of growth (unheard of before). I suggest you keep the area super moist with S Curl or shea butter and treat that area with extra TLC. I also found frequent conditioner washes keeps the hair hydrated and is helpful if the hair is brittle. Have you done a protein treatment? If not give it a go. Maybe you could also ask your stylist not to relax that area when you go for your next touch-up just to give it a break while it heals.

Hope this helps
Good luck
Shashauk

[/ QUOTE ]

ShashaUK,
I couldn't agree more. I began my quest for hair health in July. The nape got healthier, but the growth retention began after Surge, S-Curl, shea butter, olive oil and sometimes vaseline, after my conditioner washes. My nape has always been short. I began with barely 2 inches and it didn't really gain length until the last few months of TLC. I gained almost 3 inches!

DigitalRain

I have had ongoing problems with my nape also. I posted a week ago about it. I've been using Surge on my nape only and its greatly reduced the breakage. I also I'm also keeping it as moisturized as possible. I decided to leave my nape for last when I relax. Somebody also recommend Sulfur 8, but I can't get past the scent.

Ayeshia

It seems like when people relax they tend to keep overprocessing that part because it it the shortest and eventually it burns or breaks off. I realized that after I stopped relaxing my hair

brickhouse

yoyo2, do you have split ends? We talked recently about S-curl. Girl I told you it was good. Now go to Walmart and get you a bottle.
DigitalRain you hair looks good and your son is adorable.

yoyo2

Thanks everybody and to you BRICKHOUSE i purchased some mango butter,s-curl, biotin, and the hot oil treatment you suggested and yes it's still on sale for a buck 98 at Sally's. And now if I could just get my hands on some this SURGE i,ve heard everybody rave about i'd be on my way to growing.

brickhouse

Thanks sis. After you put on your s-curl and mango butter you should try sealing it with the hot 6 oil. I am glad it is still $1.98 at Sally's here where we live.