Help!! Need Help With Products And Good Videos. Starting Hhj Again....

Glamorous_chic

i haven't been on this side of the board in a while. after a scissor happy stylist i haven't really been taking care of my hair the way i know i should. i've been weaving it up, and in braids for the majority of the time for the last 2 years trying to "protect my hair" but i realized i havent had much growth b/c i havent been deep conditioning it or moisturizing it properly.. so trying to get back on my healthy hair care journey. but so much has changed. i feel like im starting all over again. anyways all that to say.... what's changed?last time i was on my HHJ the mainstays were qhemet, hairveda, beemine, kinky curly. are these still good products? did any go the way of afroveda? been re-watching youtube again, mainly naptural85. can anyone recommend any good videos with regimens? im soo lost. my hair is a dry mess, and i need to get my life lol im sitting under a heating cap deep conditioning my hair for the first time in ages.

Godsdaughter001

I'm currently subscribed to SistawithRealHair. She has really good tips. I've never been on the bandwagon with the mainstream hair products, so can't help you there (I still use Queen Helene, girl - but it works for me. I'm WSL). But I'm sure some other ladies will chime in. Good luck on your healthy hair journey.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
For anyone starting out or starting over in a hair journey, I would recommend the following:

Youtube:
Naptural85 (her early videos all the way up to 2014) I kinda stopped watching youtube after that timeframe so I don't know what she's up to lately.

Hair products:
The Shea Moisture Manuka Honey line. You could pre-poo with the rinse out conditioner, shampoo then DC with the Masque.

Leave in: Camille Rose coconut water

Moisturizer: Camille Rose Moisture Milk

Styler: Camille Rose aloe whipped butter gel or Eco Styler argan oil gel (cheaper)

All these can be found at Target

Every 4 to 6 weeks, I'd clarify and protein treat. Clarify with whatever (suave clarifying shampoo) then protein treat with Neutral Protein filler (Sally's Beauty Supply) You can just add it to your deep conditioner.

I'd recommend washing every week to 2 weeks as well as finding a style that you can leave in for 3-5 days at a time to keep manipulation to a minimum. This should cover the basics until you get more comfortable (3-6 months) within your journey. Just keep it simple to avoid becoming overwhelmed...it's quite easy and pleasurable once you get the hang of it. Good luck

Last edited: