Need help with starting my regime!!!

chnkybrwneyes

Hi Ladies!!!

I've been a salon junkie for a really long time:perplexed and I've decided to start my journey to heathly hair by doing my hair myself. I'm in the process of putting my regime together. I have spent hours and hours reading blogs, fotki etc, I really looking for a simple regime to start with.

I loaded up on some products today. I'm trying to stick to just a few product lines to see what works. I bought....

Kera Care Hydrating Shampoo
Kera Care Humecto Creme Conditoner
Kera Care Foam wrap & set lotion
Aphogee Provitamin Leave-in
Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor
Aphogee Keratin & Greeen tea Reconstructizer
CHI Silk Infusion
Kera Care Essential Oil
Giovanni Direct leave-in

I plan on washing my hair once a week with the kera care shampoo & cond., Giovanni leave-in, Chi Silk, Essntial oil and rollersetting my hair.

1 week post relaxer, I will use the Aphogee reconstructors.

Twice a month I will deep condition my hair. (in search of a good DC)

Am I missing anything?

I am a newbie to all of this, and i have no idea if I am on the right track so any help is appreciated.

gorgeous86

Congrats to you for deciding to do your own hair. I would suggest you DC more than twice a month, more like once a week at least. Other than that its more about trail and error. You'll find out what works for your hair and what doesn't. Good luck :yep:

Nya33

Hey def agree with increasing the dc's to at least once a week. Have you got a clarifying shampoo to remove buildup? HTH

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Co-sign on the once weekly DC and clarifying shampoo. Is the humecto a deep conditioner (idk I don't use it), if not you need one. Do you have a dryer (not blow dryer)? Good luck

Chameleonchick

Looks to me you got some good stuff in your arsenal. Let me know how the Aphogee Provitamin Leave- In and Greent Tea works out for you. Also Yes I totally agree on once a week DCs, your hair will love you for it.

lovleelilie

i would also add a natural-ingredients-nly conditioner like AO Honeysuckle Rose - I love and use the KeraCare line (it's my fave) however when it gets rough up in those roots when i'm stretching my relaxer (i'm transitioning now) it's nice to have an all natural, moisturizing product that your hair really sucks up. that's my two cents. enjoy and happy growing!!

chnkybrwneyes

Hey def agree with increasing the dc's to at least once a week. Have you got a clarifying shampoo to remove buildup? HTH

Hi Nya33, I haven't bought a clarifying shampoo yet, that's next on my list. Is once a month okay to clarify when just starting out?

chnkybrwneyes

jerseygurl, I am not sure if the KeraCare Humecto Creme cond is a DC. I applied it to my hair, put on a plastic cap and left it on for 25mins. I am looking a good DC to use weekly.

i have a blow dryer and a hooded dryer, i'll be using the hooded dryer instead of the blow dryer (too much heat). thanks for the tips!

chnkybrwneyes

i would also add a natural-ingredients-nly conditioner like AO Honeysuckle Rose - I love and use the KeraCare line (it's my fave) however when it gets rough up in those roots when i'm stretching my relaxer (i'm transitioning now) it's nice to have an all natural, moisturizing product that your hair really sucks up. that's my two cents. enjoy and happy growing!!
I am going to try the AO honeysuckle cond. I love AO products, and my hair could use some more moisture.

Nya33

Hi Nya33, I haven't bought a clarifying shampoo yet, that's next on my list. Is once a month okay to clarify when just starting out?

Soz just seen this, yeah i think that will be fine, you will know what feels good for your hair as you go along.
If you feel too much product buildup in your hair you may want to increase your how often you clarify.