HELP!! Need Suggestions for Vacation "Do's"

Robin41

I'm going on an 8-day cruise in a few weeks and I've been driving myself crazy trying to decide what to do with my hair! Now I'm stumped. If anybody has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

It has to be quick, easy, require as few products and tools as possible and also stand up to daily swimming. I've already considered braids or twists, my last resort if I don't come up with something else.

Any help would be welcome!

carmend

the only thing I can think of a side from braids is to take a wig w/you. that way u could get ur real hair wet, wash, let it air dry then throw the wig on...

braids is what i always do on vacation...

Robin41

carmend said:
the only thing I can think of a side from braids is to take a wig w/you. that way u could get ur real hair wet, wash, let it air dry then throw the wig on...

braids is what i always do on vacation...

Thanks, Carmend. I don't even own a wig but it would be an option any otehr time. I'm thinking I'm gonna sweat my butt off in the Carribean in a wig, though!

I'll probably go with braids but I don't really like the way I look in them.

Mariaat40

Have you tried braidouts? They hold up in high humidity and if you swim you could rinse or wash, rebraid, and fluff and go when they're dry. If you've got a blowdryer in your bathroom you could point it in the direction of your braids to speed up the drying process. I think if you're using it as a makeshift bonnet dryer it shouldn't be damaging.

Robin41

Mariaat40 said:
Have you tried braidouts? They hold up in high humidity and if you swim you could rinse or wash, rebraid, and fluff and go when they're dry. If you've got a blowdryer in your bathroom you could point it in the direction of your braids to speed up the drying process. I think if you're using it as a makeshift bonnet dryer it shouldn't be damaging.

Funny you should suggest that! I was just looking at the Braidouts 24/7 thread and thought that would be a great idea. I've done braidouts and twistouts from time to time and that's probably the best way to go.

Thanks!

Keen

I would suggest braids because you will be getting in the ocean, the pool or otherwise getting your hair wet. With braids you can do a quick conditioner wash to get salt water and chlorine out of your hair immediately and you wont' have to worry about drying and styling afterward.

Stormy

When I go on long cruises I usually wear braids or a bun. Both work great! Take a clarifying shampoo with you to use at least once.

The last cruise that I took I got really festive and wore my hair in 2 strand flat twists with little black beads at the end. Everyone really liked it and i didn't have to worry about the water or anything else messing them up. A week following my trip i took the twists out and I had a funky little frizzy do' :lol: .

tryn2growmyhair

I just came back from a long vacation. Minimize the products that you take with you. I took a number of things including a clarifying shampoo, a moisturizing shampoo, a travel size protein conditioner, daily moisturizer, a satin scarf and a satin pillowcase. Keep your hair in a protective style. Buns are easy because if you airdry you don't have to worry about getting it styled all the time. Buy enough conditioner to coat your hair with before you go into salt or pool water. Also, consider buying Philip Kingsley's Hair Bible to read on the plane. I did and it had lots of useful information -- including information about being on vacation -- for me.