Help: Need Wig Brands for Women with Large heads?

naturalmanenyc

Any recommendations for full wigs for women with large heads?

I've personally never had this problem but a good friend is looking for wigs for women with larger heads. The one shoe bought, Vivica Fox - Autumn (similar to her own hair), is too small. She is going through chemo and will need a wig in about 3 weeks.

Any brand recommendations?

I have already suggested a custom lace wig but am not sure that she wants to deal with trying to apply a lace wig just yet.

Good technique I found: This guy has no hair to pin wigs so he uses pantyhose to create edges to pin the wig. http://youtu.be/4IEQq0E1qr4

Last edited:

BadMamaJama

I have a big head and I had a Saga Remy lf, jerry curl wig that was super cute. I didn't glue it down or pin it down.
Give your friend my blessings please.

shenitab

She can measure her head size to see if she would take a small, medium, or large lace wig and then she can order a glueless cap lace wig. You do not have to use glue. She would not need combs on the side but she can get the elastic band in the back. There are also some people who try to apply their lace wigs with some type of styling products. I have never tried this. I will pm you a link.

shenitab

Oh, there is also a brand of regular wigs that have bigger cap sizes. Big mama wigs from Zury. Have never tried them and I don't think I have seen them in any BSS. The best way to find them would probably be to do a google search and find an online store that has them.

naturalmanenyc

The Big Mama line is discontinued but I did take her to Hair Wig Harlem to find some wigs that fit better. She was so happy to find styles that fit that she may buy 2 wigs.