Wig brands for huge, plus-sized heads?

facets

Can someone recommend brands that make large-sized wigs? I have a huge head... wear XL and 2xl hats & If I have a bit of hair, forget it because it's thick too.:ohwell:

I don't know why I'm going here after the Vivica Fox wig flip story in ENT but I'd like to have a couple around as an option while I'm growing out my TWA. I've been doing wraps, scarves and hats but I'm getting bored.

hold up there ma! you actin like your head is out of this world!! - most wigs have adjustable straps anyway and I think the universal measurement is @ 23 inches on the circumference.

Just wear yourself a wig cap and try them on and stop pickin at yo head!!

nomoweavesfome said:
hold up there ma! you actin like your head is out of this world!! - most wigs have adjustable straps anyway and I think the universal measurement is @ 23 inches on the circumference.

Just wear yourself a wig cap and try them on and stop pickin at yo head!!

really tho'! :lol:
I've tried the normal sized ones and they're waaay too tight and don't cover enough of my head. They rode up on me & I don't want my brain to explode or anything.

my head is around a 25 circ.:perplexed My mom says my head is shaped like a question mark(side profile).

Ummmm......... I gotta big head, too :look:. So I'll be watching this thread to see what ya'll come up with.

Okay... I'm with you on this one -- those straps don't do a thing for you if the wig is too tight. I'm a part of the large head club too:lol: . That's why I have to wear my wigs as falls:lachen:.

I have worn with success Cloud 9 brand wigs by Sensationnnel with success - style Onyx. It was larger than any wig I've worn. You might be able to find the brand at your local bss -- that's wear I tried it on first but here's a link to wear I brought my replacement from. http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=607&searchOption=40&viewOption=1&position=0&limit=20&value1=cloud%209&value2=0&value3=0&search=0
http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...20&value1=cloud 9&value2=0&value3=0&search=0#http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...=20&value1=cloud 9&value2=0&value3=0&search=0

Jazzmommy said:
Okay... I'm with you on this one -- those straps don't do a thing for you if the wig is too tight. I'm a part of the large head club too:lol: . That's why I have to wear my wigs as falls:lachen:.

I have worn with success Cloud 9 brand wigs by Sensationnnel with success - style Onyx. It was larger than any wig I've worn. You might be able to find the brand at your local bss -- that's wear I tried it on first but here's a link to wear I brought my replacement from. http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=607&searchOption=40&viewOption=1&position=0&limit=20&value1=cloud%209&value2=0&value3=0&search=0
Wow! Thanks! So, you definitely understand.:lachen:I had an afro wig I ordered that I could actually wear as a puff.:eek::grin:

Regular sizes are falls and half wigs for me too! With the TWA, I need full coverage for now.:lol::lol:

good2uuuu said:
Ummmm......... I gotta big head, too :look:. So I'll be watching this thread to see what ya'll come up with.

:grin::grin::grin: it's a total pain for any kind of non-custom head gear.

I *wish* I was joking. I can't buy most hats off the rack, unless it's @ a real hat shop with expanded sizes. it's a bit easier with shorter hair but when it's medium length or longer it's awful(unless cornrowed) because my hair is crazy huge too.

kaybeegee said:
really tho'! :lol:
I've tried the normal sized ones and they're waaay too tight and don't cover enough of my head. They rode up on me & I don't want my brain to explode or anything.

my head is around a 25 circ.:perplexed My mom says my head is shaped like a question mark(side profile).
lol girl I have the big question mark too...can't get the hair in the back of my head dry (under the hood type) while sitting normal to save my life. I have to try the wigson in the store all the time to be sure if they wll fit

Oh my goodness - i can't believe this thread - I have a big head too :lol:.....

I have never worn hats cus they hurt my head and have never even bothered with trying wigs on - i just can't see myself standing in a shop, trying on a wig and it sitting on top of my head like a bad toupe. :eek:

Wig cap? Can you buy these off the rack in a BSS or do they only come with the purchase of a wig?

Also, Do you have to cornrow the hair prior to wearing a wig cap or can i just put in on over my ever expanding afro?

I love this thread.... I felt so alone out in the world:lachen: .

It's sometimes embarrassing to try on hats in public... my husband laughs at me all the time. He told me the other day that my head doesn't look large... but it is!

Bublin, you can buy wig caps at bss. Since they are made from nylon -- basically it's a stocking cap -- most brands do give. Or, if they are uncomfortable, you can make your own by cutting an old pair of your stockings and sow the top to close it.
Ah... finally a topic in which I have expertise!!!:lol:

Bublin,

Forgot to answer your other question.... because I switch up my wigs and sometimes have to wear them as falls because of my "big head":eek: -- I just keep my hair moisturized really well underneath the wig cap. I don't cornrow my hair (plus I can't braid:perplexed ), but some others might if you could find a very comfortable wig that will cover your entire head that looks natural that you could wear every day.

Some people resort to LF (lace front) wigs to get good coverage. I tried that... that's a whole nother topic.... pros/cons.

Thanks for the info Jazzmommy - i can't braid either.

I always thought that stockings dried out my hair when i wore them at night....i'll try them again.

I can't wear a wig as fall as i have short natural hair.

Ooooh - that lace front story sounds like its gonna be long - why don't you tell us sometime

Another big head checking in here. Which is precisely why I didn't go the big chop route when going natural. I set out to learn how to cornrow just for this transition. I found one wig that didn't exactly fit right, but didn't expose my bighead secret either. It was the chinadoll cut, the only full wig that complememented my head shape and I was cornrowed under it for a while.

Jazzmommy said:
I love this thread.... I felt so alone out in the world:lachen: .

It's sometimes embarrassing to try on hats in public... my husband laughs at me all the time. He told me the other day that my head doesn't look large... but it is!

Bublin, you can buy wig caps at bss. Since they are made from nylon -- basically it's a stocking cap -- most brands do give. Or, if they are uncomfortable, you can make your own by cutting an old pair of your stockings and sow the top to close it.
Ah... finally a topic in which I have expertise!!!:lol:
:lachen:big heads of the world unite!
3.gif

I don't have any wig recs but I just wanted to share that I too suffer from large head-itis. I will never forget the day I was at my sisters and I tried on her hat and it wouldn't fit, so I looked at the tag to see the size and it read "one size fits all"....I felt awfully salty and big headed.

senimoni said:
I don't have any wig recs but I just wanted to share that I too suffer from large head-itis. I will never forget the day I was at my sisters and I tried on her hat and it wouldn't fit, so I looked at the tag to see the size and it read "one size fits all"....I felt awfully salty and big headed.
:lol::lol::lol: OMG, don't even get me started on that One Size Fits All lie.:rolleyes:

That's why I've been using mostly scarves.

I have three hats. One is a knit style, like ppl might wear with medium-length locs but looks funky now without a scarf beneath since my hair is so short.

The other two I bought on amazon.com and are size 2XL, unisex/men's bucket style, one is dark brown and the other is khaki. :sleep: boring but they actually fit.

Back