HELP ON A GROWING OUT A SHORT CUT STYLE!!!!!!

Starburst954

Thank you for taking the time to come into my thread. I nedd some help for my mother because she recently cut all her hair off it wasn't much just shoulder length, but she cut like mini afro short because she was trying to grow it out healthier and fuller but now it seems as if it just won't grow. I was wondering if anyone has done this before and grew their hair back out and if so what was your regimen or what products do you suggest she use? Any help would be great. Thanks

jamaicalovely

Thank you for taking the time to come into my thread. I nedd some help for my mother because she recently cut all her hair off it wasn't much just shoulder length, but she cut like mini afro short because she was trying to grow it out healthier and fuller but now it seems as if it just won't grow. I was wondering if anyone has done this before and grew their hair back out and if so what was your regimen or what products do you suggest she use? Any help would be great. Thanks

Hey there.

I am growing out a short cut as well. I really don't have a defined regimen yet, I'm just giving my hair what it needs at that time.

I believe what has really helped my hair is deep conditioning, moisturizing daily and taking supplements. Here are my favorites..

Shampoo - Creme of Nature (green label and new organics packaging)

Conditioner - Creme of Nature, ORS replenishing pak

Moisturizer
- (1) glycerin mix: glycerin, water, carol's daughter black vanilla leave in; (2) kids organics shea butter detangling lotion; (3) Hydratherma Daily Moisturizing Growth Lotion (created by LHCF member Godsflowerrr)

Growth Aids - Surge, Claudie's Hair Elixir (developed by BHM member Claudie)

Vitamins - Biotin, Nutrillite Daily Multi, Nutrillite Hair, Skin and Nails

If you go to my fotki, you'll see a folder titled Hair Inspirations with ladies who grew out short cuts. There is one lady who grew from TWA stage.

HTH

Last edited:

bluediamond0829

I have been growing mine out since August 2007 that was also the last time i got a relaxer.

ITA with JamaicaLovely. If its gotten to a good length maybe try sewins. That has been what has been helping me with growing out my hair...

bermudabeauty

I would say moisturize everyday and deep condition once a week. Once her hair is long enough she can put her hair in a protective style like braids or weaves or wigs.