Help please my hair is breaking!

lhogan6

Hi:hiya: ! I dont know what to do my hair is breaking and I dont know why. I dont really have a regime. I wear a wig everyday. I have my hair braided in 4 cornrows. I try to moisture everyday with scurl, castor oil on my edges and coconut oil. I used to apply megatek on my scalp daily but I ran out. I also use mn mixed with olive oil that I try to use everyday If i"m not being lazy. I try to co wash twice a week, and deep conditon once a week for atleast a hour without heat because I dont hair a hair dryer. I"ve been using Aphogee Damaged hair shampoo and the aphogee 2min once a week which I thought was helping but I'm still seeing my hair everywhere. Then I deep condtion with ORS afterwards for a hour. I"m natural and I don't use heat or flat iron or anything like that. I have 3c/4a hair( I think) it's thin/fine.
Here's a list of Products I use:

ORS Packs: For deep condition
Scurl and : Hawaiian Silky 14 In 1 : For Moisture but I been using scurl more often my hair likes it better
NTM: Leave in
Vo5 and suave conditioners: For co washin
Vatika coconut oil
Dabur olive oil
HE hello hydration: Co wash
Silk Elements MegaSilk Leave-In Hair Moisturizing Creme
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
ApHogee Shampoo For Damaged Hair
Lustrasilk Shea Butter cholesterol: for deep condition

Does anyone have any suggestions or can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

wannabelong

My guess would be the weekly use of protein (ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor and ORS) and the daily use of Mega Tek (another protein) is causing the breakage. Since you are natural, you probably don't need protein on a regular basis like a relaxed head. Try removing the the ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute reconstructor from your regimen and increase your moisture intake (co wash 3-4x a week). Good luck.

Your Cheeziness

It sounds like you are doing a whole lot to your hair. Most naturals err on the side of moisture and your regimen is very protein rich. I would commit to moisturizing deep conditioning treatments weekly or twice a week, moisturizing with a water based moisturizer, sealing and wearing protective styles. Check your ends, you may be due for a trim. I would also fall back on the growth aids because you should isolate the source of your breakage first. Always remember health before length.

TCatt86

I'm going to cosign with everyone else and agree that you are using too much protein. Even if you were relaxed the Keratin once a week would be too much. You should introduce some mosturizing conditioners into your regime, something like Humectress or Aura Almond Bark, deep condition once a week and maybe do a protein once a month. As a natural moisture is extremely important.

lhogan6

Thanks Ladies, I really apperciate it. I'll cut the aphogee 2min out. Is it ok to still use the ORS pack to deep condition?

Charz

Sinister Minister
ITA with the protein being the main issue. I am a natural and I find myself not needing much protein. The aphogee 2 step left my hair hard and matted. I think that you should only use the protein if your hair is feeling mushy. Your hair is also fine so too much protein can do some serious damage to those fine strands.

TCatt86

Thanks Ladies, I really apperciate it. I'll cut the aphogee 2min out. Is it ok to still use the ORS pack to deep condition?

Maybe use it every couple of weeks and introduce a mosturizing conditioner. I love the ORS Replenshing pack, I may use it once a month, I deep condition with a mosturizing condition every week though and I also cowash in between the deep condition. Just remember moisture is really important when you are natural.

Chevelure618

Too much protein. Clarify your hair then do a good moisturizing conditioner. Skip the protein for a while. Natural hair does not need the protein the way relaxed does.

Marand13

Do you have any more moisturizing conditioners?? The ORS is good but as the rest stated you may need more moisture in your regimen.
I see that you use Lustrasilk Shea Butter cholesterol maybe you could use that as your weekly deep conditioner instead of the ORS.

For me I don't use protein conditioners very often. I use aphogee reconstructor at maximum twice a month and my heavy protein every 3-6 months. Moisture is your best friend as a natural.

lhogan6

Thanks everyone for all your tips! No I dont think I have any other moisturizing conditioners. I'm researching now, can you recommend some I can purchase at the beauty supply store? Thanks