Help Please? Somebody? Anybody?

Hello! I'm new here and so far i've been going through all the posts and searching, and i've found great tips but i still don't know what to do with my hair!
confused.gif
Can you all please help me? I'll tell you a little bit about my hair: i'm a 4a/4b, relaxed. I've had my hair relaxed since i was 4, i'm now 18, my relaxer has always been put on all of my hair, my hair right now is like half an inch below my shoulders, it is very thick, the problem is my hair always seems to go back to a certain length, right at the end of my neck, it grows but it always breaks off. My last relaxer was Nov.2, i had micros from August until the end of October, then i had it relaxed.
frown.gif
I think its over processed but if it is, then its always been that way......
frown.gif
Since i've discovered this forum the only thing i've bought so far has been profective break free,i've been using olive oil on my hair daily and i did the baggie method last night, and i've done a conditioning wash once a week, my next one should be monday night.Also i deep conditioned the day after i got it relaxed. And its still breaking!
ohwell.gif
......i need help!
crazy.gif
frown.gif
, also i am a PJ ,i have all of these hair products that i've only used once and then i abandoned, plus i'm a BCS=broke college student.....so i really don't know what to do, i think i need a regime.
frown.gif

Well, first step I think would be to stop getting all of your hair relaxed and only relax the new growth.

Welcome to LHCF!

If you want to see some real successful regimes, take a peak at some of the 'feature of the month' articles. Each member outlines their regime in great detail and i think this could help you get started.

Hhmmm i second hairlove: Please only relax your new growth. When you relax the length of you hair your actually weaken it.

I would continue to deep condition my hair at least 1x weekly, stay away from the direct heat of blowdryers and flat irons, and start doing hot oil treatments 2x's a month. You hair will begin to improve with a consistent regimen. Oh, and start to wear protective styles ( buns, french rolls, conrows using your own hair) a few days out of the week to protect your ends.

As for inexpensive condits: motions silk protein condit is pretty good, it repairs and softens in one step. HTH

It looks like you need a strong protein treatment for the breakage like Aphogee Treatment. I would also recomend gradually trimming your hair until the overprocessed part is cut out.

It's also important to keep your hair moisturized. I would spray some distilled water and/or a leave-in conditioner before using the olive oil. And maybe conditioner-wash even more often. Our hair loves moisture. As long as you don't have hard water, though.

Here's a few threads you might want to check out if you haven't already.

The Key to Optimal Moisture

Article on Moisture

Sodium Myreth Sulfate vs. Sodium Laureth Sulfate

Hair Regime Update

Hello...I am a 4b/4a and the best advice I can tell you is to condition,condition,condition. Also try to get rid of as much damaged hair as possible...this will give you a clean break but it still takes time to get your hair really healthy looking.I was noticing how much my hair has improved since I started doing the lopoo method in August.I have become a PJ since joining this board and the ladies here are really inspiring.

Back