HELP - someone said they saw my pic in Essence. I'm confused.

Mook's hair

I had this message on my youtube channel today.

"Omgosh. I knew I recognized you. I saw your pic in Essence this month. This exact style. Love it"

I don't know which pic she was talking about because it was a montage of photos of my cornrowed frohawk, but If this is true, I want to know.

If any of you get Essence would you mind looking through and seeing if you see pics of my head? Because I had no idea and if it is true I'd like to make sure it isn't being used in someone's ad.

It may just be a pic that looks like the same style. But really if I'm in there, I wanna know.

I sent her a message to ask who was on the COVER of the issue but I haven't heard back from her yet.

The comment was under this video, so it will be one of the pics in this montage.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/ladyair22#p/a/u/1/OhlMQxO5HIk[/video]

Thanks for your help.

Junebug D

LAWD! I hope Essence isn't stealing pics too! :nono: I have the "hair" issue with Monica on the cover, I will look through and see if I notice anything.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
There was a lady that seemed to have braids/cornrows similar to yours. Let me run upstairs to get my issue.

Junebug D

You're not in the hair issue with Monica. There's a very similar frohawk & some similar cornrowed styles, but none are you.

ms.blue

I think but I'm not sure that I seen your pic in essence with kerry washington on the cover.

HairGroupie

I have the Kerry Washington issue and I went through the magazine twice. I did not see any of your pictures in it. It is a very natural focused issue and some of the women have styles similar to yours, but they are not you.

Mook's hair

You're not in the hair issue with Monica. There's a very similar frohawk & some similar cornrowed styles, but none are you.
I have the Kerry Washington issue and I went through the magazine twice. I did not see any of your pictures in it. It is a very natural focused issue and some of the women have styles similar to yours, but they are not you.
Junebug & whirlacurl, Thank you so much. I knew someone here would have the issue and check for me.

I kinda figured it was gonna be some pic that looked similar to me. But I was concerned and mostly wanted to be sure that a company wasn't using my pic for advertising without my permission.

beanie44

Hey Lady,
I did see a picture of you on this British Curlies naturally curly hair site, did you know about that.

Leesh

@Mook's hair, Lemme find out you cornrowed your own hair, Honey, You have some skills!:yep:

Ok, How do I find your channel on YT, I tried your Screename here, is it different?:perplexed Ok, Duhhh!, Nevamind I see the link! Lolll! :lol: My Board color is Pink and the link letters are pink, kinda blended in!:nono:

ETA: Ok, I had to come back, I just looked at the entire vid, and Chile, You can wear some cornrows, they look really good on you, and you be thinkin' of some really Cute, unique styles!......................... Love it!!!!

Last edited:

Mook's hair

Hey Lady,
I did see a picture of you on this British Curlies naturally curly hair site, did you know about that.

Um, No I don't think I'm aware of that one. Someone asked me to do a blog interview but it isn't supposed to be posted until November and she is going to send me the update when it posts.

Can you please send me the link to the site you're talking about. Thanks. Good lookin' out.

Leesh

@Mook's hair, Wait a minute, Must I start a whole brand new Thread about this, "HOW IN THE HALEEEEEE DID YOU LEARN TO CORNROW, BACKWARDS, UPSIDE DOWN", I have never in my long livin' life, everrrrr, seen anything like that, and I been doin hair for 20 somethin years! I am absolutely amazed! Yall, Everrrrybody, Please go look at that Vid! I am floored right now!:spinning::spinning::spinning:

beanie44

Sorry girl,
I looked at picture again it was not you, it was someone named Richeau I think a recognize her from another hair site. Photo done by Curl Junkie. My bad.

BlaqBella

To be honest I don't even like hawks. But a person cannot deny the beauty in your work Mook. Good Job(as usual..Love It)! I used to be like that..need to get back to it.

Ms Lala

Girl you got serious skills. I wish I could braid like that. I just started on youtube some I'm subscribing to your channel today.

weaveadiva

hey mook, if you get a hold of the kerry washington issue, i think the frohawk on p. 68 (the biggest pic) is the one that may have been mistaken for you

MsLizziA

I didn't know you were on YT! I subscribed to you!

P.S I need to get like you with the braiding skills cuz lawd they so pretty!