Help needed for teen hair!

wilmaty

:confused: :perplexed Ladies! I have a 13 yr old that is transitioning from a relaxer to natural. She has not had a touch-up in about 6 months. Can I get some help from you all in what I can do to keep her hair healty? She has braids right now. I braid it with extensions about every two weeks because she plays on the basketball team. I also have a 14 year old with some damage from micros that were superglued on the ends. I will take pictures of her hair today and post them! I am dred loc'd and need any help that I can get. We are using Surge, Elasta QP Mango Butter, and the wgo! HELP!

atl_mulattamami

Hey you live in Norcross? I live in Lawrenceville! I'm 17 and I was transitioning when I was 15 so I can understand. I also used to play soccer so, as I was once an athlete, I can understand that too. There is nothing wrong with the braids and I would actually recommend them. I would suggest that you keep her hair in braids and take them out and redo them every 1-2 weeks. Each time you take them down shampoo her scalp and deep condition her hair with heat and then you can braid it back up. Make sure she gets regular trims. Transitioning is a lot of work because the hair is especially delicate at the demarcation line (the point at which the natural new growth meets the "old" relaxed hair)

wilmaty

Thanks the younger one is the athelete and she hates having her hair out but does not want a perm anymore. Quote" I want my puff ball back!" I was wondering if I should go ahead and do the BC. I have been rebraiding it approximately every two weeks also. I have been oiling it with surge and the wgo. Does anyone think I should go ahead with the BC? I dont know what she thinks!

aivonfay

I thinks you should ask her if she wants to just cut it off and just wear her natural hair braided. If she's ok with it I say go ahead and cut it.