help w/ henna and indigo

I'm planning on applying henna and indigo to my hair in January and just wanted some reviews from those who have done this process ...... what was the condition of your hair? did it break a couple weeks afterwards? was the process worth the results?.....I want to get like a very dark expresso brown (is that possible?) I also know that the henna act as a protien treatment so should I up the moisture I use? I usually moisturize 1ce a day.....2wice futher down in my stretch

I Use Henna/Indigo on a Regular Basis and have been for this Past Year. I like the Lasting Shine and Effects that I get from Henna/Indigo that I've never gotten from any Bottled Color.:yep:

I always start on Damp Co-Washed Hair. I Use a Ultra Moisturizing Conditioner to Co-Wash with.:yep:

I Normally Mix my Henna with Apple Cider Vinegar and a little splash of Oil. (because I have a considerable amount of Grey) so I want a Rich Stain there to adhere to the Indigo and give me the Deepest, Darkest Richest Color.

I let the Henna sit for 8-12 hours. I leave the Henna on for about 2-4 Hours (Hair Wrapped in Saran Wrap and covered with Baggy).

I Rinse out forever with Clear Water and then I rinse for an eternity with something 'cheap' V05 Moisture Milks or Suave Tropical Coconut. And I normally use a Whole Bottle during the Entire Process.

Then I mix the Indigo with Warm Water and some Salt. Apply Over Freshly Rinsed Hair Saran Wrapped and Baggied. Leave on for 2-3 Hours.

Dark Brown to Black Hair. I use More Indigo and less Henna.:yep:

IDTH pretty much summed up everything I was going to say. Yes moisture is important after these treaments. I usually do a dc with a nice thick moisturizing condish.

Done it.Love it!...But I don't love the messiness of the ordeal. My results are in my fotki.
You will love the rich dark color you get. But just know that the results of the indigo are temporary. I am already back at the reddish henna hair color!

IDTH pretty much summed up everything I was going to say. Yes moisture is important after these treaments. I usually do a dc with a nice thick moisturizing condish.

Thanks IDTH that was very informative :grin:

IDTH got it right.....

Done it.Love it!...But I don't love the messiness of the ordeal. My results are in my fotki.
You will love the rich dark color you get. But just know that the results of the indigo are temporary. I am already back at the reddish henna hair color!

Thanks Ladies!:grin:

I Forgot to add: I Always Follow-up with a Moisturizing DC with Heat afterwards. Or Sometimes I leave the DC on for a Hour or So under plastic cap.

I absolutely loved my results but I doubt I'll ever go through that again.

It took me forever to get the indigo out. After like 3 washes when I was smoothing my hair back into a puff I looked at my hands and they were blue.:blush:

My hair was in excellent condition after I washed it out. That was the softest it's ever felt. I don't know if indigo has conditioning properties but when I did just henna my hair didn't feel like that.

If it wasn't so messy, I'd do it again.

IDareT'sHair - What type of oil and how much do you mix with your Henna & Apple Cidar Vinegar?

I've used Alma. The Last 2 times I used a Splash of Wheat Germ. The instructions that I've received from Mehandi.com said the Consistency should be that of 'stirred yogurt'.

So, that's the consistency you should seek in both your Henna & Your Indigo.:look:

If you look at Mehandi.com they have a Great Tutorial.:grin:

I've used Alma. The Last 2 times I used a Splash of Wheat Germ. The instructions that I've received from Mehandi.com said the Consistency should be that of 'stirred yogurt'.

So, that's the consistency you should seek in both your Henna & Your Indigo.:look:

If you look at Mehandi.com they have a Great Tutorial.:grin:

Thank you!

Back