HELP!!!! What am I doing wrong?

nuance7

Ok....I am new. I found you guys 8 weeks into my t-up and strecthed it to 10 weeks. T-up last week Tuesday and wash first time tonight. I used Aphogee protein for damaged hair and then the balance moisturizer. All went well until the combout......LOTS OF HAIR IN COMB! Am I combing out to quickly....should I have just smootheed back into pony tail, let dry, then combed???? Please any suggestions appreciated
frown.gif
. Don't want a repeat in 3 days.

How long did you leave on the Moisturizer? Aphogee is pretty heavy duty and if you really don't need that much protein it can do more harm than good. I'd suggest you re-wet and do some intense moisturizing with a good moisturizing conditioner
smile.gif

Only question I have at the moment is did you rinse out the protein thoroughly? I've learnt that no protein residue should be in the hair or it'll damage it so it should be rinsed for at least one full minute. The longer the better.

Thanks for responding....I left on the moisturizing conditioner for about 10 minutes then rinsed. I then followed that with LUST....that's why I am thinking it's the way I am detangling??????

[ QUOTE ]
nuance7 said:
Thanks for responding....I left on the moisturizing conditioner for about 10 minutes then rinsed. I then followed that with LUST....that's why I am thinking it's the way I am detangling??????

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused because in the first post you said you used the Aphogee protein and here you are saying you used a moisturizing conditioner and then LUST....

Oh I see...

how long did you rinse the protein out for? that is more important then I used to believe...
smile.gif

By the way, did you like LUST?
laugh.gif
(I'm such a nut over it).

I rinsed it out for...let's see.... at least 5 minutes....was that long enough? And yes....I love LUST....must admit for the longest I had no idea what LUST was.....when I finally found out...I went running to Sally's. I think I am becoming a PJ. Do you sit under the dryer with your LUST? How long do you keep it on? I only keep it on for about 5 minutes.

This may also be an indication that LUST doesn't work for you
frown.gif
:duckingtomatoes: While it does work for most members, others haven't been that impressed. Do you have a moisturizing conditioner that you've used sucessfully in the past? You may want to revisit that.

For suggestions, try doing searches on "moisturizing conditioner" or "slip". That should yield some good results. HTH

I don't use LUST with heat. To me,it works superbly on cold with a shower cap alone.

Sounds fine re. the protein rinsing.

Running to Sallys eh? Your as bad as me driving to get Kenra on Saturday like a woman with a mission
driver.gif
(actually that little icon is becoming a fave recently with the PJing I've been doing of late).

scratchchin.gif
Having a hard time detangling hair right after a touchup sounds suspicious to me... I hope it's not breakage from the relaxer!!

Either that or it's from the Aphogee...
crazy.gif

I agree that you should use a good moisturizing conditioner asap. In the meantime, check to see if you're losing more hair than usual when combing. Good luck with everything!!!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
BRH!!! Your hair is fabu babe! What on earth do you use to get that shine?!?!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! I usually take the pics on the same touch up day so its all thanks to the stylist not me
laugh.gif
(she gently blowdries on a cool setting then follows with a hot irons that are heated in a stove). This is the only time I ever have a blowdryer and irons used on me.

This may be off subject, but i have to tell you brownrelaxedhair, you are my hair hero!
smile.gif
I always view your updated pictures because your hair is exactly where i want my hair to be.

Back