Detangling... am I doing something wrong?

SCarolinaGirl

My hair is shoulder length and it takes me only 2-3 minutes to detangle my hair. I've read posts of ladies with SL to BSL hair who take 45 mins to an hour to detangle. This is making me think that I am doing something wrong. After my shower I apply my leave in and oil then detangle with a wide tooth comb from ends to roots. I'm 7 weeks post and it still only takes a minute to detangle on wash day. Should I count this as a blessing or am I doing something wrong? Please share...

MAMATO

It is a blessing, lucky you :) Honestly it depends on your hairtype, if your cuticules lay flat which seems to be your case, you wont have any problem detangling. But if your hair is more porous and your cuticules are lifted, then nightmare is around the corner :(

MA2010

Count it as a blessing girl!!! What is your hair type? What products do you use?

Tangles get on my last nerve. If I fully ddetangle it would take 30 minutes +. It is a big fat hair chore that I despise doing at times.

MizzCoco

your very blessed! once my new growth comes in detangling is a total nightmare, and now that im transitioning to texlaxing, its been harder!

manter26

it used to take me forever to detangle my not quite APL hair. i did just cut to ear length b/c i plan to go natural but i think my hair is alot easier to detangle b/c of adding protein to my regi. i used ion reconstructor on my longer hair and while rinsing all the tangles just fell out.

my hair got tangled mostly during the shampoo process and switching to a protein shampoo (sunsilk tlc) has made it knot-free.

SCarolinaGirl

For DCs I use lustrasilk shea butter and/or silk elements megasilk with EVOO. I cowash with aussie moist or HE hello hydration. My leave in/daily moisturizer is HE long term relationship or NTM silk touch (I also mist with rosewater mixed with aloe vera juice daily). I use EVOO or EVCO to seal. I sometimes spray my newgrowth with hawaiian silky 14 and 1 to soften.

SoCalli

I'd guess that it doesn't take that long b/c your hair is relaxed and shoulder length. Mine is natural and mbl. It takes me forever. I wish it took 2 to 3 minutes. I'd be over the moon!!!!!

MissNina

Libra Girl
I'd guess that it doesn't take that long b/c your hair is relaxed and shoulder length. Mine is natural and mbl. It takes me forever. I wish it took 2 to 3 minutes. I'd be over the moon!!!!!

I didn't know you were natural!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your hair is gorgeous.