Help what should I do?

Saida

In march I went to the hairdresser for the first time.. and I was really happy about the results, I had been thinking about going natural so I was like 7-8 months post, and my hair was breaking badly, but after my salon visit my hair felt new, I got a hair cut that I loved and my hair was really getting healthy..

The hairdresser is a really nice friend of mine too, and she wanted me to keep coming back to her, wich was not a problem for me, if I was still working, but I quit my job, and last time I paid like 95 dollars.. that might not be alot to some, but I just dont have that anymore.. and in 5 days im going to Denmark, so even if I had money it would go to travell stuff..

Anyway now i thinking what should I do? should I try to self relax? or keep stretching until I get the money to go back, wich will mean more breakage :nono: I just dont know what to do guys..

she relaxed my hair with mizani and affirm, she mixed them together...

and I have a self relaxing kit here at home that I got months ago, from Optimum..

What should I do??:perplexed

*Muffin*

$95 is a lot of money. If I were you I would look up some self-relaxing videos on youtube or ask for help from some of the ladies that self-relax on the board. If you wanted you could go back and have your hairdresser do it because you are uncertain of how to self-relax, but I would be researching different self relaxing techniques after that and practicing at home with my deep conditioners for next time.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Saida, why on earth did she charge almost a hunned dollars?!?

ITA w/Muffin, look at lots of youtube videos and fotki tutorials on how to self-relax, it really isn't hard at all.

BUT if you really want to transition, there are styles you can do to make it easier. You can't go wrong with twistouts and braidouts. You can also get braids or wear wigs/half wigs. There are plenty of options :)

Good luck! How are your babies doing?

Saida

I think I wanna stay relaxed for now..

BTW thanks tiffers how are u and the kids, I missed u...

Muffin I think I might do that..

She charged 95 cuz she said I got a trim, and that she permed my hair, and conditioned, and blowdryed and flatironed it

Kurly K

$95 is alot but I'd be afraid of self relaxing, especially if my hair just got back to a healthy state, there aren't any other salons you trust?