UK Ladies - hairdresser help

Tashique

I recently self-relaxed (Sister done it) which was underprocessed as I had around 5 months of NG which was a lot thicker than usual :perplexed

The front was permed but the back/middle NG has only been permed about 40%:(

I need to get a corrective relax but I dont have a salon to go to.

I have always self relaxed but 2 years ago I went to a hairdresser for a year, I found that my hair would grow and then break or she would cut it, which meant I stayed at chin length for a long time :mad: mind you before that is was shoulder lenght but while using her it never pasted chin.

My old hairdresser has a tendency to overprocess which I most definitely do not want to happen again.

Does anyone have any idea of a good hairdresser that could do a corrective relax and not have all my hair falling out :look:

I live in London but I am willing to travel if I need to.

Thanks

Penspringz

Hi Tahique, Where abouts in London do you live? I don't know much about hairdressers and relaxing but I have come across a salon in Hackney, East London. It's on Mare Street, near the town hall. It looks quite swanky so I assume they know what they are doing and many of their customers are arfo/caribbean. Every time I drive by, they seem to be relaxing someones hair and most of their customers appear to have quite long hair.

loonatick

i think the one penspringz is talking about is Vanessa Andar. It looks really nice and quite professional, but i dont know their prices. I havent been to a salon for about 5 years but if i do visit one, i would go there next. You should definitely check it out.

Penspringz

Vanessa Andar, that's it! Thanks Loonatick. If I ever decide to relax my hair I will most definetly go there. It looks really professional.
I just did a search on google and they don't have a website but here are the contact details.

239 Mare Street
London
E8 1EJ

Telephone: 0208 533 3030

Tashique

Thank you so much ladies :kiss:

I will definitely be giving them a ring and see what they say.

I am so scared that my hair is just going to come out but if they have long hair ladies in there I will be there too.

Thanks agan

MrsBKJ

sorry chick i live up north and my stylist is my friend but salon recommendations are no use cuz im sure there are loads down there and in leeds and sheffield

sorry

good luck

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
I live in south London and go to a salon in Brixton called Andre Pierre they are extremely professional (but quite expensive) they use affirm relaxers. I'm not sure of the address but if you need it send me a PM. Good Luck.

avyance

I am looking for a salon also. So, Tashique let me know what the salon says that you called, please thanks.

Crissi

www.harrietkessie.com , i havent been their yet, but id take the trip to london, i called to enquire about my hair and the condition its in, one of the owners (Joseph), spoke to me for 10 minutes, giving me tips and advice, and even sent my an email with the top ten tips for growing out hair (even though they are things you can find on LHCF). He wasn't forcing you to come to the salon, and doesn't like heat, they don't even reccomend their clients to use straighteners HTH

Penspringz

wow...a salon that doesn't like heat. That is really hard to come by. But I have to ask...how do they style their clients hair. I'm sure they don't air dry their clients hair after a wash, right? Also, I'm curious to know what tips he gave on growing your hair out. Please share.