I dont know what to do with my hair, advice please (long)

Saida

So I was about to relax my hair today, with the african pride relaxer, ( has anyone tried it, and how did it work?? ) so before I did anything I wanted to detangle my hair, and then it happend:nono: I found that some parts of my hair had made themselves into locks, it was impossible to comb them out without going bald:sad:

so I decided not to relax, I then parted my hair into two sections down the middle, and got in the shower and conditioned both sides until I could at least pass my fingers through it.

When I got out the shower I parted one half into 3 sections and moisturized them, and then braided them, and the same on the other side, and tied my hair with a scarf.

Its not like I havent comb my hair forever, so I dont know how this could happend over night.

What do you think about the relaxer? I definetly dont want to do it now until my hair is managable, and what should I do with my hair to get it managable. my hair is brastrap lenght now, and its been almost 4 months since last relaxer, and I used optimum last time wich was pretty good for my hair, but I think I shouldnt stretch that long, cuz then my hair starts to get really messy.

African Pride Relaxer? I wouldnt use it, but hey its just a relaxer, why the change?

My hair use to do that, my cuplrit was I use to brush onl the top layer and then put my hair in a pony, never touching the under parts:grin: Thats was long ago though.....

Do you wrap your hair at night. Did you have braids beforehand?

African Pride Relaxer? I wouldnt use it, but hey its just a relaxer, why the change?

My hair use to do that, my cuplrit was I use to brush onl the top layer and then put my hair in a pony, never touching the under parts:grin: Thats was long ago though.....

Do you wrap your hair at night. Did you have braids beforehand?

What wrong with that relaxer??:look: seriously I dont know any good relaxer so I'm just experimenting,

Yeah I think I have been doing that too, not touching my roots:nono:

No I dont wrap, and no I didnt have braids..

But could it also be because of built up?? because I honestly dont remember the last time I used a clarifiyer..

What wrong with that relaxer??:look: seriously I dont know any good relaxer so I'm just experimenting,

Yeah I think I have been doing that too, not touching my roots:nono:

No I dont wrap, and no I didnt have braids..

But could it also be because of built up?? because I honestly dont remember the last time I used a clarifiyer..

Put a scarf on your head at night. and about the relaxer, its most likely fine, a relaxer is a relaxer to me.

Buildup may contribute, cause when I use to not touch my roots, I wasn't washing my hair either (I know its gross).

I would wait at least 3-4 days before you relax. Look on the bright side, you've surpassed some people's hair goals already. You made BSL - congratulations! Now it's all about maintaining it.

I think there is a poll out about the best relaxer and African Pride is really low on that list. Please consider using Affirm, Design Essentials or Mizani No-lye. :yep: It can be a little more in price, but it's worth it. :yep:

Take time to deep condition your hair (like you did) and detangle it gently. Apply a moisturizer to the roots and length of hair and then a light oil if needed.

Let us know how things turn out. :yawn:

I would wait at least 3-4 days before you relax. Look on the bright side, you've surpassed some people's hair goals already. You made BSL - congratulations! Now it's all about maintaining it.

I think there is a poll out about the best relaxer and African Pride is really low on that list. Please consider using Affirm, Design Essentials or Mizani No-lye. :yep: It can be a little more in price, but it's worth it. :yep:

Take time to deep condition your hair (like you did) and detangle it gently. Apply a moisturizer to the roots and length of hair and then a light oil if needed.

or just stick with the trusted optimum! I hear ORS olive oil relaxer is suppose to be good. I use a cheapie, 2 in the box Ultra Sheen :lachen:

I tried ors more than once, felt like my hair wouldnt get as straight as I wanted it, to tell the truth it felt like I hadnt used a relaxer:ohwell: it just made my hair easy to manage wich was nice also.

Optimum made my hair straight and shiney so I liked that one, dont know why I didnt stick with it.

whats a good moisturizer to use? and how often :look:

Thanks ladies for your respons

I was planning on waiting two weeks :look: it might be too long? actually I just wanted my hair to get better:ohwell:

I was planning on waiting two weeks :look: it might be too long? actually I just wanted my hair to get better:ohwell:

If you are ready to relax now, wait at least 2 or 3 days and then do it while your hair is manageable. I have never used African Pride but if the Optimum is good, which I have used, you could stick with it. If you decide to wait longer, just make sure you keep on top of those roots so they don't get out of control again. It can be scary trying to get in there to detangle those roots sometimes.

Back