HELP!! What's the Difference Between Protein and Moisture Conditioner?

NappyDesma

Ok, besides being a bonfied product junkie.......I'd llike to know what's the difference between protein conditioners and moisture conditioners? Below is the list of conditioners I own, but how often should I use protein? How often should I use moisture? I want to make sure I use the right products at the right time to keep my hair healthy.

Desert Essence Green Apple & Ginger Conditioner
Sauve Naturals - Tropical Coconut
Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner
Herbal Essences - Hello Hydration
Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship
Herbal Essence Totally Twisted
Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Conditioner
Herbal Essence Hydralicious Featherweight
Herbal Essence Hydralicious Self Targeting
Aussie Moist 3 Min Miracle
Finesse Self Adjusting

Thanks Ladies!!!!
Aubrey Organics - Honeysuckle Rose

NIN4eva

Hey NappyDesma, this is totally off-topic, but I love your hair in your avatar. How did you do that?

ceebee3

Protein gives the hair strength and binds to the cuticle to help with any weak areas.

Moisture penetrates the cuticle and goes deep to keep the hair nice and supple.

That's just the basics. You will have to really pay attention to your hair to know when you'll need protein.

Some people don't use a lot of protein at all.

I don't know how to link articles so maybe someone else can point you to some better threads.

Adaoba2012

Last edited:

NappyDesma

Hey NappyDesma, this is totally off-topic, but I love your hair in your avatar. How did you do that?

Thank you!!! :drunk: I dry twisted with Darcy's Organic Coconut & Aloe Moisture Pudding the night I got it, and untwisted in the morning. The twists were pretty big, I'd say maybe 20 total. Then I pinned the front back.

Thanks again!

NIN4eva

Thank you!!! :drunk: I dry twisted with Darcy's Organic Coconut & Aloe Moisture Pudding the night I got it, and untwisted in the morning. The twists were pretty big, I'd say maybe 20 total. Then I pinned the front back.

Thanks again!

Thanks lady, yeah your hair turned out too cute. I'm going add that to my hairstyle file. Yes, I have a hairstyle file on my laptop. :lachen:

NappyDesma

Thank you ladies for your advice! Hopefully with your help I can figure out what's best for my hair........