HELP!! - WHEN DO I APPLY CONES???

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
HELP!!!

i have read every thread i could find on cones and i need help in tweaking my regimen.

i know cones can block moisture from getting into the hair strand. so i'm confused. i use a silicone containing detangler. so are my efforts to moisturize nightly going to waste?:wallbash:

on wash day - do i apply my moisture, seal with oil and then apply detangler?

daily - am i wasting my time applying moisture and sealing if i use silicone based detangler?

here my current regi:

-pre poo with vatika oil.
-wash/co wash twice a week.
-deep condition under dryer
-apply cone based detangler, moisture, oil.
-usually i air dry unless doing a length check, then i will air dry until damp, apply heat protectant and then flat iron on warm.

i have fragile, fine 3c strands that tangle easily and don't like lots of manipulation. so i do best with protective styles.

i protective style daily and moisturize edges twice a day.

if my hair is in twists, i spritz a moisturizer onto the twists. i do not take them down until wash day.

ANY ADVICE????

THANKS LADIES:look:

JuiceMobsta

Girl I think your hair should be fine with the use of a silicone detangler. You should still be able to moisturize it successfully:yep:. After all, its not like the first ingredient in the detangler is silicone. Do you feel like your hair is not moisturized enough or not retaining moisture when you use the detangler? If not then you are good to go. :grin:

sozinzcomet

My leave in has cones and I use keracare silken seal weekly b 4 rollersetting . I don't have 2 moisturize for 2 days afterwards. I was thinking that after those 2 days, the cones becomes weak cause my hair gets a lil dry and then my moisturizer sinks right in. just wanted to add my 2 cents!

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
I only use cones before I flat iron (Redken Heat Glide). None of my DC's or leave-ins contain them. Hasn't stopped my hair from absorbing moisture.

Ishtar

I thought silicone was just for using heat? Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't silicone keep out moisturizing agents and protein?

JuiceMobsta

I thought silicone was just for using heat? Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't silicone keep out moisturizing agents and protein?

Lots of products have silicones, such as Herbal essences conditioners,etc. It would probably depend on what product you are using, how high is silicone on the list, how many silicones are there, how often you are using it, and if it has created a build up on the hair or not.

westNDNbeauty

From my understanding, silicones can be used as a sealant-like agent. Yes, it does stop moisture from entering, but it does not pull moisture from your strands. So if you hair is already SUPER moisturized, it really would not hurt to use.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I LOVE your hair!

Gracie

Because some of my products have cones, I clarify once a week then use products to moisturize. If I want to use products are have cones I use them after moisturizing and deep conditioning

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
thanks for the replies.

here's what i did today....

today i deep conditioned. then applied my moisturizer and oil. then used my detangler. i usually use joico smoothing balm or garnier sleek and shine anti frizz. both have cones.

i just swapped the order i normally apply detangler first.

to answer a question - my hair never feels like there is build up, so i guess i'm ok.

thanks ladies.